Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

New max!

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Mav4Pak 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Put 40 miles on it today neck and neck with the XP4 on drag race. 4wd worked great in the mud....ride is awesome. Traded in a rzr 4 with full dragon fire suspension and this thing is better. Rear tires will not last long at this rate!

#5 ·
Ran with a different XP4 today (2013) yesterday was a 2012 with dry sump, any way the one today had less miles but more weight in it and it was a little faster. The big problem I am having is the gravel is destroying the inside of rear wheels, I have 100 miles on it now and I doubt they will make it another 100 miles before the rims start leaking air. The front tire throws the rocks into the rears and then they grind the hell out of the wheels. Guess we will see what happens!

#6 ·
race in 4wd - u get no where in 2wd on dirt for a few seconds, lol

are u talking about the rear inner rims having tons of scrapes? if so remove the mud scrapers 3 bolts

#7 ·
Almost all of them have that issue until you switch to 14" wheels. Its just that the calipers are so close to the wheel, anything gets in there and its going to grind.

#11 ·
it would be nice if someone made some dust shields that bolted onto the hub that would prevent anything from getting into the backside of the wheels. Sounds like a pretty simple thing to make and then mass produce with a simple mold or die.....

Reactions: maddmaxx
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.