Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first can am product on Thur. It's a 13 Mav Xrs love it! I asked the dealer early in the week if the clutch recall had been done (kinda assuming it had) they naturally said YES. Then they called this morning saying they had to order a new primary clutch bolt kit for a recall repair that just came out yesterday! They say the first fix earlier in the year was a band aid until can am designed a "real fix" And now this is an official 2nd recall for repair. Any thoughts.........?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its true , and good thoughts !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome. Choose wisely in what you believe from the dealer. With everyone on here I'm sure we all can figure out who's B.Sing who and who's not.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. Anyone use the epi dune clutch? Or does its price reflect its quality. Keep up them good thoughts Benzo!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would recommend a a full primary replacement but I understand not everyone can do this.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I would recommend a a full primary replacement but I understand not everyone can do this.
with the new fix its not so needing now hopefully lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Reactions: Andy

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven't been to the Sand in this machine yet, Does the stock clutching perform well there?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
get sum skat trak paddles and the newest clutch update and u be fine !

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paddles are the plan! Are you running a stock clutch Benzo? If so, have you been contacted about new clutch recall?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
stock clutch with 1st recall , I called my store ill know whats up on Tuesday ! - I wasn't contacted just heard from here , but I see someone said ridenowpeoria contacted them so sounds like a go

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
My first 2 trips to Glamis were with the oem clutch and no paddles. I went everywhere including up China Wall with the stock Big Horns air'd down to 6 psi. I had no trouble other than my butt was watertight on every ride just waiting for an instantanious disassembly from the stock clutching. I opted to change out the primary to a CVTech for peace of mind, but that was befor the clutch recall. So far this off season have added a CVT blower kit from STM, and have an STM Gen II secondary coming. I'm still a little leary of the oem clutch, even with the recall. Hopefully this recall is a true fix. G/L

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought mine at Ridenow Peoria but I'm closer to Tucson so they will be doing all my recall/warranty work. Thanks Andy. Hopefully they can get parts soon so we can this done before HALLOWEEN!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
See you there...It can't get here soon enough for me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm with Andy. I didn't want to wait until the clutch fails, so I replaced both my primary and secondary. So I don't really care about the recall on the clutch other than it gives the Maverick a bad reputation. I think they should change their design.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts