Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The front panels help push the air thru the engine bay better because of the openness of the panels stock blocks it off 100% it's not hard to look at both panels and realize the turnkeys will flow air thru the center million times better !!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I still think that these under hood panel will push sand into the engine area as well. I did my ten hour service and found some sand on the engine. I had over 200 miles and only rode mostly in sand conditions.

I actually bought a unifilter foam sheet that I plan to attached to the plastic grille in front of the engine to help reduce the sand and dirt penetration.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The front panels help push the air thru the engine bay better because of the openness of the panels stock blocks it off 100% it's not hard to look at both panels and realize the turnkeys will flow air thru the center million times better !!
I agree 100%. I am going to mod my stock panels by adding some mesh. When you really look at this area , its clear it will increase airflow to the engine. I'm not concerned with too much sand getting down to the engine compartment. It can always be cleaned out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I agree 100%. I am going to mod my stock panels by adding some mesh. When you really look at this area , its clear it will increase airflow to the engine. I'm not concerned with too much sand getting down to the engine compartment. It can always be cleaned out.

Guys I agree in theory that it should help but since they are claiming lower engine temps I was hoping they had some data to support it. I could easily throw an air temp gauge in there and monitor it so I was hoping that maybe they have allready done so.....If I was that worried about the engine area getting too hot, I would install an electric fan on the grate in front of the tunnel so Iam not reliant on spped to cool it down.... The panels are only affective if you are moving at a rate of speed enough to force air thru the engine bay. For the rock crawlers, or mudders, they would not do anything due to the low speeds. I don't do either of these kinds of riding so that is why I am interested.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can I get pricing for the front and back panels shipped to 79762?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts