Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TurnKey UTV Can-Am Maverick Under Hood Panels. Our new Under Hood Panels help decrease engine temperatures by increasing air flow into the engine compartment. In addition to increased air flow they also add unique styling to your Can-Am Maverick setting you apart from the crowd. Like all our products our new Can-Am Maverick Under Hood Panels are made in the USA using only the highest grade American Made materials available. Under Hood Panels are computer designed and CNC built from heavy gauge light weight aluminum. Ventilation openings are covered with air craft grade aluminum mesh and come powder coated in satin black. Under Hood Panels come in two standard powder coated colors, Maverick Yellow and Satin Black. Panels replace the factory plastic covers and can be installed in under 30 minutes using standard household tools. Installation does not require and drilling or cutting.

MSRP: $124.95
Forum member price: $118.71
Use code save5 to receive your forum member price

Link to product: http://www.turnkeyutv.com/turnkey-parts.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=138&category_id=54

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
they look great and really spruce up the underside of the Mav.

BUT, the panels are solid for a reason, to direct air through tunnel and cool the engine. without that needed air flow i would guess the cabin will get hotter. But then again i could be wrong like usual.

fug it! nice panels

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Can anyone who have these panels comment on the sand getting to the engine while playing in the dunes? I'm sure it gets great airflow to the engine but that screen has big enough holes that I am wondering about the tires kicking up enough sand to spit it back to the engine.

I do like the panels though but in black.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Wondering if these were made for the Commanders too. If so then those guys would know about whether or not sand, dirt or other debris gets excessively tossed into the engine compartment as well as whether or not they aided in cooling the engine.
I definitely like the looks though. Pretty trick.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they look great and really spruce up the underside of the Mav.

BUT, the panels are solid for a reason, to direct air through tunnel and cool the engine. without that needed air flow i would guess the cabin will get hotter. But then again i could be wrong like usual.

fug it! nice panels
im thinking more air cuz the stock panels narrow it down to the center and that pulls in hot air from radiator plus engine tunnel is blocked from rad and front plastic, so sum side air vents I think is perfect atleast I hope so anyways , cuz I ordered a set on may 23rd and im still waiting , lol :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ya'll should hurry up and get sum installed so you can tell us if they are effective or not.I think they look bad ass, yellow sets off the underside.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I got a question….on your website it says:

Number pieces in packaging:1
Number pieces in box:1

Is this a typo or do you have to order 2 or do you only offer this for the driver side?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Anyway know if sand gets into the engine area with these panels? It looks line the tires will kick sand through the screen pretty easy to me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a question….on your website it says:

Number pieces in packaging:1
Number pieces in box:1

Is this a typo or do you have to order 2 or do you only offer this for the driver side?
You can ignore that. That is only for our shipping system. Everything we sell comes in a set.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyway know if sand gets into the engine area with these panels? It looks line the tires will kick sand through the screen pretty easy to me.
We dont see it being an issue. Behind the panels in the fire wall. The fire wall has a small piece of mesh plastic that opens to the motor. The chances of sand flowing in the motor area is minimum.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
We dont see it being an issue. Behind the panels in the fire wall. The fire wall has a small piece of mesh plastic that opens to the motor. The chances of sand flowing in the motor area is minimum.
When you say you don't see it being an issue, did you actually do any testing and if so how many hours, what sand conditions and where was it tested? I know about the mesh grille on the firewall but the holes in the mesh are very large. It will keep most rocks out but not sand.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Your website claims this reduces engine temperatures…..do you have any data or numbers showing what a typical decrease would look like. I'm not looking for a guarantee or anything. i am just curious if you have any test data that supports this comment. It will help me justify purchasing them if I can expect to see an actual reduction in temperature.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts