Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on here for a while, but finally decided to get rid of my 16 Maverick XC 1000r. Went and picked up a 2019 Maverick Sport DPS 1000r yesterday. Had the dealer install a Yoshimura Exhaust, Can Am Electric Front Windshield and Rear Windshield, as well as a roof and rearview mirror. Didn't get to ride it yesterday after picking it up do to this Missouri weather. She's got a total of 2 miles on it. Ready to rip this thing and may start a build thread in the near future. Stay tuned. :smile: Oh and... does anyone on here that has owned a Sport know when Sport mode will work? I noticed yesterday taking a lap around my house that with the switch set to sport mode, the sport mode light still doesn't come on and I noticed that it didn't feel like it was in sport mode. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new MavS!

As to the "SPORT" mode, be aware that feature name is coincidental with the new Maverick "Sport" model name, i.e., function is same as on the Maverick Trail model when so equipped. Owners Manuals are available as a free download on the BRP website as well as model-specific Maintenance/Repair Manuals from this 3rd party seller for a modest download fee:

Manual is $24.50 download here:
2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport / Trail 800R, 1000 & 1000R Repair & Maintenance Manual

Related text from page 51 of the 2019 MavS owners manual:

6) Sport/ECOMode Switch (If Equipped)
The Sport/ECO mode switch is located on the upper console. It is used to select the Sport or ECO mode.
NOTE: The cluster will show the selected driving mode.

1. Sport/ECO switch
The Sport mode provides a crisper throttle response.
NOTE: The sport mode can be activated with all key types and provides the maximum performance with the key in use.
The ECO (fuel economy mode) setting reduces fuel consumption by limiting throttle response and maximum throttle opening to maintain an optimal cruising setting.

NOTE: Use ECO mode on bumpy trails to provide smoother ride conditions.
NOTE: If no Sport/ECO mode switch is installed, the default riding mode is Sport.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome and congrats on your new MavS!

As to the "SPORT" mode, be aware that feature name is coincidental with the new Maverick "Sport" model name, i.e., function is same as on the Maverick Trail model when so equipped. Owners Manuals are available as a free download on the BRP website as well as model-specific Maintenance/Repair Manuals from this 3rd party seller for a modest download fee:

Manual is $24.50 download here:
2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport / Trail 800R, 1000 & 1000R Repair & Maintenance Manual

Related text from page 51 of the 2019 MavS owners manual:

6) Sport/ECOMode Switch (If Equipped)
The Sport/ECO mode switch is located on the upper console. It is used to select the Sport or ECO mode.
NOTE: The cluster will show the selected driving mode.

1. Sport/ECO switch
The Sport mode provides a crisper throttle response.
NOTE: The sport mode can be activated with all key types and provides the maximum performance with the key in use.
The ECO (fuel economy mode) setting reduces fuel consumption by limiting throttle response and maximum throttle opening to maintain an optimal cruising setting.

NOTE: Use ECO mode on bumpy trails to provide smoother ride conditions.
NOTE: If no Sport/ECO mode switch is installed, the default riding mode is Sport.

Thank you for that! I remember most of that from my previous maverick. The problem here is that the Sport Mode light doesn't come on on the dash when I am in high gear with the Sport Mode switch set to Sport Mode. I have a suspicion that it has something to do with the 10 hour break-in period, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Very strange. My MavT is now 14 months old, however the ECO/SPORT mode function worked from day 1 with modes felt significantly different. If the seat belt isn't fastened, its speed limited to < 12 mph...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I purchased a 2019 MavS 1000 DPS back in December. My light on the rocker switch stays lit whether I'm in either Sport or Eco mode. I definitely notice a difference in throttle response while in Sport mode.

I'm in Missouri as well, about an hour SE of KC. Where you located?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased a 2019 MavS 1000 DPS back in December. My light on the rocker switch stays lit whether I'm in either Sport or Eco mode. I definitely notice a difference in throttle response while in Sport mode.

I'm in Missouri as well, about an hour SE of KC. Where you located?

Nice! It's cool to see some of these are out there. Everyone has RZRs up here :serious:. I'm about an hour North East of KC.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very strange. My MavT is now 14 months old, however the ECO/SPORT mode function worked from day 1 with modes felt significantly different. If the seat belt isn't fastened, its speed limited to < 12 mph...

Well, I guess these things are just different. On my white Maverick, when you turned sport mode on, a green light came on on the dash. On these machines it doesn't, its just not there. I had to call the dealer to clarify but the machine ran awesome all weekend. Guess sometimes it is just the operator, huh?

·
Registered
66 Posts
A big group of us are headed to Mulberry Mountain in Arkansas over Memorial Day weekend. You should come down. It's a great ride.

This video is from this weekend at Pitbull Powersports in Bolivar. It's where we purchased ours and they have pretty fun little ride park as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PXqjW4QVEXAUtHpG6

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
Well, I guess these things are just different. On my white Maverick, when you turned sport mode on, a green light came on on the dash. On these machines it doesn't, its just not there. I had to call the dealer to clarify but the machine ran awesome all weekend. Guess sometimes it is just the operator, huh?
Welcome and congrats.
As a matter of note, I have never seen anyone be able to show the "10 hour break in period" was anything more than a myth in relation to the computer releasing new parameters. If someone has evidence I would live to see it.

Also in the previous post from Dirtdawg item 6 shows the " cluster will show the selected driving mode" leads me to believe the dash has an icon, no? Tim

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome and congrats.
As a matter of note, I have never seen anyone be able to show the "10 hour break in period" was anything more than a myth in relation to the computer releasing new parameters. If someone has evidence I would live to see it.

Also in the previous post from Dirtdawg item 6 shows the " cluster will show the selected driving mode" leads me to believe the dash has an icon, no? Tim

Not on these. My White 2016 Maverick XC had both. When you turned it on, the green/white light came on (Depending on your model) and it displayed sport mode across the screen. I guess these just display it across the screen? I don't know. It just threw me off going from that machine to this one.

·
Registered
712 Posts
^^^ Agreed, no rocker switch illumination of which mode its in - just the rocker position with mode markings. With the engine running and in drive, switching the mode causes ECO MODE ACTIVE or SPORT MODE ACTIVE to scroll across the screen display. I tried to capture that with a camera pic but scrolls too slowly. Only captured last word "ACTIVE" by time taken. BTW, I have my dash screen set to display MPH and RPMs simultaneously, which for me is more informative than the default setting of single display only.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ Agreed, no rocker switch illumination of which mode its in - just the rocker position with mode markings. With the engine running and in drive, switching the mode causes ECO MODE ACTIVE or SPORT MODE ACTIVE to scroll across the screen display. I tried to capture that with a camera pic but scrolls too slowly. Only captured last word "ACTIVE" by time taken. BTW, I have my dash screen set to display MPH and RPMs simultaneously, which for me is more informative than the default setting of single display only.
That's what I kind of figured. Thank you for the reply guys. I can definitely tell the difference when you switch between the two modes. I love how can am finally decided to use a Bus Bar on these with a power, ground and switched power source. That's gonna save me so much time when I go to wire up the radio and winch in the near future. :big smile:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh... and by the way guys, I don't know how many of you guys have put an aftermarket exhaust on one of these yet, but the Yoshimura sounds awesome! I've attached a video for you guys so you can get a beforehand sound clip if anyone is thinking about upgrading. According to Yoshimura, no tune or programming is needed for this exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQsJqZFx-wY&feature=youtu.be

1 - 14 of 14 Posts