Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, new Maverick XRS owner here!! Still in the break in phase so I am taking it pretty easy on the machine.....See alot of talk on aftermarket clutches. Any good recommendations on upgrades??

Thanks
Jon B

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new toy.
As far aa aftermarket clutches go, it will depend mostly on 2 factors to decide which is the option.
Budget and riding style.
I went with the QCS primary and STM secondary for reliability, and overall value. It seemed to be the best bang for the buck. A full STM set up may be a little better and give you more adjustability for a little better performance. But it can also be a lot more money.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Plenty to read about aftermarket clutches on the forum.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
welcome !

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum and your new toy! Contact Kris at Cold Blooded Performance (username on here is Kris) and he can talk to you and help you figure out what you need.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Lol..Nutn wrong with being round..Welcome aboard and like they said tons of info to read about just search clutching and u will be busy for about a yr. I myself have a QSC just depends on what u want

·
Registered
317 Posts
Great! thanks. 38yrs old and finally put down the CRF450.....getting too fat and old! ug This seems to be a blast so far!
Congrats on the purchase. I was in the same situation, parked the CRF450 and bought the Mav. I miss the track and the agility in the dunes, but I don't miss waking up sore the next day! With age comes a cage! I pull out the 450 every now and then just to make sure my son knows I am still faster than him! :cool2:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I was in the same situation, parked the CRF450 and bought the Mav. I miss the track and the agility in the dunes, but I don't miss waking up sore the next day! With age comes a cage! I pull out the 450 every now and then just to make sure my son knows I am still faster than him! :cool2:
I'm 48 and I won't go anywhere without my KX450F and my maverick:) I can't keep up with the younger guys like I used to but I love to ride. I stay off the track nowadays but I can't stay off my bike:)

Welcome to the Mav Forums.

BigD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts