Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Maverick, took it over to Sandlake for a weekend of dunning and now it is in getting the 10 hour service. 180 Miles of pure joy This machine is awesome and it was able to take every Dune I threw at it. Smoked 3 RZR Xp's going up the first bowl and was easily able to hang with a stock TRX450r going up the first bowl. (Stock tires Aired down to 8psi)

It was also fun that no matter how rough the sand gets (from everyone else's tracks) this machine is able to go over all of it with ease. I was easily able to do 40+mph through he whoops section(s) and 60+ in the flats

So after a weekend of riding I'm thinking I'm need to put together a riding kit to always carry

Spare Belt (EPI or Factory?)
Holz Belt change tool?
Tools to Change Belt
(Change belt in the garage first for practice?)

Tow Strap
D ring for tow Strap

Something to hold all of this?

What else?
I've been eye balling the Gusset Kits from Turnkey and UTV as well as the tie rods as I was reading these can be a weak link on the Maverick.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It really depends how far you plan on riding away from camp, but I agree the bare minumum is a spare belt & tools to change it, tire plugs & 12v mini air pump.4 or 5 pt harness' are a must have in my book.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
gates c-12 belt , or a oem belt ,

tie rods

front gusset kit

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
5 point harnesses
Utv inc gussett kit
Spare belt or two
Compressor
Plug kit
Small tool kit
Tools to remove a wheel
Tow strap
Jumper cables(use heavy gauge speaker wire with cigarette lighter ends)
Cooler with frosty beverages
Spare tie rods ( holz seem reasonable)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Don't get the Turnkey gusset. Its thinner steel. Get UTV Inc or CT Racing. Both are 3/16 thick steel.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Alright....tired of remaining in the dark. What is the gusset kit you guys keep talking about? Is it weak? What are you "replacing" or strengthening? And can someone paste a link to what is required? I looked at UTV Inc and they appear to have several options. If there is a structural weakness in the Mav obviously I want to fix it. I'd like not to add weight just for the sake of adding it either, so is EVERYONE doing this? I do at least TRY to beat my Maverick, seems fine thus far. Thanks guys (and Barbara), appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
Utv inc weld on gussett kit and their pivot point gussett set fro front. Then get the holz steering rack brace and tie rods.

Search function is yore friend.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright....tired of remaining in the dark. What is the gusset kit you guys keep talking about? Is it weak? What are you "replacing" or strengthening? And can someone paste a link to what is required? I looked at UTV Inc and they appear to have several options. If there is a structural weakness in the Mav obviously I want to fix it. I'd like not to add weight just for the sake of adding it either, so is EVERYONE doing this? I do at least TRY to beat my Maverick, seems fine thus far. Thanks guys (and Barbara), appreciate the help.
Where the front A Arms mount to the maverick if you look, the steel tabs used are pretty thin metal that are welded to the frame.

There have been reports of people ripping A arms from those mounting points... What they were doing to do that is beyond me. But you are in an off road environment and s**t happens. So these Gusset kits are big metal plates that re-enforce those areas. I don't see myself being that harsh on my machine but I don't want to accidentally hit a rock and wipe out and A-Arm either.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Get the CT gusset from Alex Reed. Quality product, good price, and something money can't buy, great customer service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts