Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from about 30 hours of driving to get my new Maverick. I'm excited to get the Maverick out and see what I can do with it. Just curious if anyone at high altitude has done the spring and weight upgrade for the clutch at high altitude to allow for lost power? Is it worth the money? I bought my Maverick in Wisconsin and they weren't to sure whether I needed it or not .

·
Banned
546 Posts
Welcome.. also in Colorado search my threads you will see how much you can gain here..

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your new toy! man, that was a long drive to get it...I hope you got a screaming deal on it. Can Am makes a high altitude clutch kit (weights/springs). I heard it does pretty well for elevations around 4-6K. There are also kits from Dalton and a few others as well. If you want the best performance, you will want to swap out the clutches all together for aftermarket. QSC/STM and STM/STM are the 2 most popular setups. There is also CVTech/STM.....do some reading and you will find lots of information on the subject as well as what vendors have a good reputation to buy from....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a very long drive but well worth it for the price. I saved 4500 dollars over buying it in Colorado. Well worth the cost savings. The dealer offered to do the clutch kit from Can Am for the high altitude but I wasn't sure. I will have to do a lot of research on it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the info. I was looking at doing power steering also. Any recommendations on who to use for that? Also I have been reading about the sport low harness on here. Is that a good upgrade?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I just bought the SuperATV EZSteer power steering from JT at TeamFAS Motorsports on here. He was running a special. Check with him and see if he is still running the sale. The install wasn't too bad. The instructions are pretty vague but there are a few good install videos on YouTube showing you how to do it.

The Sport Low mod is a great mod if you ride tight technical trails or deep mud or steep hill climbs. I have it and love it but don't use low gear too often but i know what it can do if/when I need it to in low gear.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have the unit from Arcticbomb and it works great. There is also another guy selling them but I don't have his contact info handy. I am sure someone while chime in with it. Or you can shoot wickedcummins a PM and ask him for the info but I think he may still be on timeout....KRIS also sells one as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do. Thanks. I think my first mods will be power steering and a winch. Maybe thinking about a receiver to tow on the back.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hit up Alex (AREED) he has a sweet receiver hitch and just released an optional rear winch mounting plate to go on it.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where in colorado are you? Im near Denver ive had mine for about 2 mo now I got a half windshield, a visor&bimi top also I reccomend the walmart 29.00 scent proof box to go on back for storage of supplies, mine is at dealer now getting service and rock sliders, I am trying to find someone to make a 2in receiver to be welded to a winch plate for the front so I can put the winch on a cradle and use it front or back. There is another forum coatv.com if you search new years ride there are tons of pics we all had a great time. This is a colorado local forum to find others to ride with

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I live down in Peyton. Right outside of Colorado Springs. I got my Maverick right before Christmas and still haven't had a chance to take it out. It doesn't even have 3 miles on it. Thanks for letting me know about finding others to ride with. I was just talking about that the other day with others. I haven't had a chance to look at aftermarket parts yet. It's been sitting in the garage waiting to be rode

1 - 17 of 17 Posts