Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, great site here! Already has been VERY helpful many times, thanks to all who contribute to help others enjoy this amazing machine.
My son who has severe Autism loves to off road, we have been traveling the country together for years and average around 8000+ miles a year, we are new to the sxs world as we came from X MR's and still have our 1k xmr. My boy loves this thing as do I. Can-Am nailed it with this one.
This is a little half ass ride report I did on it so far, just my 2.5 cents worth...anyway thanks again for a great site that is specific to the Mav.
Darin & DJ.

For those of you that asked about DJ's new Maverick , here is my condensed ride report of the new machine:

Seems there is a lot of " new " Maverick owners and or soon to be mav owners that are on the fence of this machine, thought I would share my lousy 2.5 cents worth....
My boy and I bought ours 2 and a half weeks ago and has almost 700 miles on her with only 21 hours. We ride very aggressively and hard, so those 700 miles are hard ones. We have not taken this machine in deep mud/water, but technical tight trails and big hills and some mud . So far this machine is everything BRP claimed it to be, handles like a dream and corners like a drift car, unreal how well this thing handles and corners, we can hit trails faster and harder than with our XMR any day of the week. The fuel consumption is very good, we are averaging around 100-120 miles on a full tank and the gas pedal is usually buried. There is a little bit of a heat issue in the center counsel, but I heat taped everything underneath and since then it has greatly reduced the heat. The suspension is out of this world, just seems to " float " over anything, no bump steer, no bottom outs even after having her over 3
feet in the air. I think right out of the box this is an amazing machine and very well built and durable, however if you deep mud bog, deep water and hittin mud bogs hard, Im sure it will break like ANY man made machine it has its breaking points, really depends on how much you beat on her. The only 2 things I can find ( keep in mind my boy and I ride an average of 7-8000 miles a year on our machines ) the stock clutching like all can-am's is weak and will wear out quickly, plan on spending some cashola on primary / secondary and the tie rods seem very thin, the hiem ends are good, its the intermediate shaft that is weak. other than those 2 things I cannot find and weak points or flaws, imo Can-Am nailed it with this one. Nicest machine I have ever ridden in 37 years of riding off road. This machine is very stable and handles better than I would have ever thought anything could handle. I highly recommend anyone thinking of getting a sxs to seriously look into this machine and drive one ! ALL machines break, but this one seems to be the best built sxs I can find. My son loves it and it is very comfortable for him. This machine has a lot of potential to be adjusted to different riding styles and terrain. It is a MUST test drive situation if your thinking of getting one.
Just my 2.5 cents worth......

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the write up and welcome to the forum to you and your son!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to you and your son, sounds like you are already enjoying your new machine!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dom, yes tie rods are our last purchase, gettin them soon ! Thanks, D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts