Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alright got my black/violet dalton spring from the dealer today. Retail was $40, so if it works its a cheap fix. Its gonna be a week or two until i get it installed, but ill put a good detailed write up on here when i do for those having the same problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Got the black/violet dalton spring installed and tested it out this weekend. Went from 7400 ish rpms to 7750 ish rpms when i go full throttle from a rolling start, until it starts revving out to 8050. I didnt notice any over revving or lost speed on the top end so thats a plus. For $40 CAD im happy with the results, pulls noticeably harder now. The last ride of the weekend i got a rock caught in between the brake and the rim punching a hole through the wheel, so now ive got some 28" blackwater evo's with STI HD3's on order, 6+1 offset. Hopefully i don't loose rpms again lol

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
I hAve An air dam and the black violet and mine is only making 7450. I would hit only 7600 after a long run stock. Only about 25 houra

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
My mav right now is only doing 6900 rpm at 50 mph!! Definitely going the STM route.
Theres something wrong then. Have you swamped your clutches? When you start the bike does "performance key" scroll across the dash? Maybe your key is programmed wrong. With stock clutches and stock tires you should be in the 70's mph range for sure

·
Registered
48 Posts
No swap on the clutches. Yeah the key is programmed correctly, I tested both keys out. I can get to 76 mph, my rpm's just drop to 6900 at 50. I never see anything above 7300 rpm until 60ish mph. Just have to save a few more pennies for the STM upgrade!

·
Registered
99 Posts
No swap on the clutches. Yeah the key is programmed correctly, I tested both keys out. I can get to 76 mph, my rpm's just drop to 6900 at 50. I never see anything above 7300 rpm until 60ish mph. Just have to save a few more pennies for the STM upgrade!
It should be better then that stock. Way better. you might have an arm seized on your primary or something. I was wondering if you'd swamped your clutches, as in filled them with swamp water. Theres something wrong there

21 - 28 of 28 Posts