Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just took delivery of a new Max last weekend and so far am pleased with the overall power and suspension.
One question though for the long time Maverick owners, I seem to have some driveline slop when leaving from a dead stop. We're talking a solid clunking ..... Almost every time.
Anyone else have this problem or is it the norm for Mavericks?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site.
The clunk your hearing could be your clutch enagement.
I believe all the Can-ams do this when you first take off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DD....
I appears to be that but having had 2 Polaris and 1 Teryx previously,
That never happened with any of those.... Lol
It's just a little unnerving. First big ride will be in Az this weekend
Crossing my fingers it's a normal thing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My Teryx made a clunk noise at take off. Maybe your nosie is different. dk.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also picked up my max last week, brand new to the sxs world and was wondering the same thing. Glad to know that it is "normal"...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My wife's max has the clunk also. Normal for a can am. I would get some tie rods before I went on a big ride

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just ease on the gas and it dosent slam.
Good luck with THAT slow take off!!!
That's not something I'm willing to learn how to do.:haha:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Welcome to the site. Hope you guys enjoy your Mav's as much as I enjoy mine. Where in So Cal? Im in north O.C.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the site. Hope you guys enjoy your Mav's as much as I enjoy mine. Where in So Cal? Im in north O.C.
its good to know I've got some fellow Canam SXS owners close by, I'm at the border of north OC in Diamond Bar

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I'm not too sure I'll be able to ease on the gas.
If that's The permanent solution I may as well have bought an Arctic Cat with there soft clutch lol
It's great to see other guys here from SoCal. I'm in Alta Loma and am chomping at the bit to hit the desert this weekend in Az, it's supposed to be down to 115 there.... Lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Right on. I was going to hit up Big Bear or Cajon pass (Cleghorn OHV trails) to Silverwood, but looks like I gotta work Sat. O.T. pays for my upgrades...:big smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts