Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well going tomorrow to pick up my new 2013 base maverick. Just curious if you guys recommend a gentle break in or drive it like I normally would. Everything frozen up here in great white north so won't be mudding or deep water.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well going tomorrow to pick up my new 2013 base maverick. Just curious if you guys recommend a gentle break in or drive it like I normally would. Everything frozen up here in great white north so won't be mudding or deep water.
Seriously though the breakin is not for just your engine. Its for your belt as well. Don't do wide open stomps on your maverick. Get up to speed with half to three quarter throttle. That will breakin in the belt right. Also don't idle around at low speed either so you don't glaze the belt prematurely. Where you ride has a lot to do with how you break-in as well. sand and mud may not be best idea wide open on the first day. I have seen a lot of different side by side owners who changed their belt, stomped on it to only break the belt the next day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will give it a read ty. Tried searching last night and couldn't get anything. Must of been using wrong key words.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I thinks it hard to break in these vehicles properly the traditional way. The motor and the belt have 2 different needs as far as break in and the cvt trans makes it harder to vary the rpms as one could do with a manual. One mine I've let the motor get to get temp then did what was needed to break the belt. I guess you could say the first day I run it easy enough for the belt but hard enough to get things up to temp and seated in the motor.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So the article sounds like it's talking about motorcycles does that apply for our agents to. So should we change our oil the first 20 miles. Also what types of oil did he recommend to running these engines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts