Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new Xxc a few days ago and several things leave me scratching my head wondering what the engineers were thinking. Two nice cup holders right over the hottest part of the engine, not good for cold drinks, and I can have two or three mph or rpm displays at the same time, in fact I can't avoid, but I can't see the time and the trip set at the same time. And since we use ours a lot on trails and could use a nifty box to put a patch kit, compressor and other supplies in, and perhaps a place for a cooler, the rear area doesn't seem setup to hold much. Don't misunderstand, I like the machine a bunch but it could be perfect with just a few changes. What have any of you guys done about the cup holder issue?

·
Registered
806 Posts
you can line the bottom of that panel with reflective tape or other heat shielding and plug the holes in the holders. I would suggest drinking faster.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Congrats on you new toy.
Yes if you insulation the underside of the cup holder and put a piece of 1/8" neoprene rubber on the inside bottom, your drinks will stay cold for a long time. Much longer than it will take you to drink them.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Congrats on you new toy.
Yes if you insulation the underside of the cup holder and put a piece of 1/8" neoprene rubber on the inside bottom, your drinks will stay cold for a long time. Much longer than it will take you to drink them.
X2...Here is what I did....

IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0341.jpg IMG_0340.jpg

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
get a roll of 36x60 thermo-tec 14620 for 50$ shipped and put on all your plastic panels i can run for 30 mins and my drink is still cold

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
2 words: open container

1 - 11 of 11 Posts