Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Hopefully they will have a good power plant in this thing = good hp be nice if it had a zx motor or ? Something like they put in their ski’s supercharged 300 hp would work if they had a frame and suspension to handle the power ,

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Im telling you, when Suzuki dives into this with a gsxr motor in their SxS called the "Zilla" it will be top dog at 250Hp for $40K

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Im telling you, when Suzuki dives into this with a gsxr motor in their SxS called the "Zilla" it will be top dog at 250Hp for $40K
Matt, as much as I love Suzuki, and raced those bikes my whole life, that company is on life support, 1 foot in the grave, the other foot on a banana peel!

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
we may not agree on the Honda product, but we sure do share the same POV on Zook....
I've been a Suzuki boy all my life, until recently when I taped my ankles, and jumped on the KTM bandwagon, LOL!

Oh, I don't think Honda is bad by any means, but IMO, they will never be at the level they were from between '86 and '93. Those were Honda's glory days! They could do no wrong.

As for Suzuki same thing, in the 'late '70s through early '90s, their bikes, (MX) were pretty damn good. Definitely not at Honda's level, but better than what Kawasaki, and Yamaha had. Then it seemed the wheels fell off the wagon. It started with that collaboration with Kawasaki making the 250F model, and it's been a sharp decline (read crash-dive) ever since.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Never had any Zooks but had 4 Kawi ATV's... I had one of the first KVF650 V-Twins (actually had two) then a KVF700 and BForce 750 they were the first

to the V-Twin dept and worked great for me..Like HW said the more in the game the better.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The front end looks pretty good. Hopefully it has some decent power and at least an add on turbo. Great time to be in the sport market!!

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Damn I wish I could see it.....where are you seeing that so I can go look?...thanks!!
If you ask me, it looks a little like a Wildcat XX in that view. 07 October is kind of late too to be making the release. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
looks like they are doing the breadcrumb release between now and oct, why they cant just show us and have it at dealers 30 days later is beyond me

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
looks like they are doing the breadcrumb release between now and oct, why they cant just show us and have it at dealers 30 days later is beyond me
They're taking a page out of Can Am's playbook. Only problem is, it's been done already, and done well by Can Am 3 years ago. If Kawasaki can't come up with their own ideas to hype a brand new SXS, what makes them think it will be worth the wait?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
and then there was the Yamaha release, they showed us but not available for like 6 months it seemed after and in limited qty

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The only thing worse than a long drawn out product release.....is a long drawn out product release that ends up disappointing.

Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
The real wild card could be KTM...

https://utvactionmag.com/this-ktm-news-gets-them-closer-to-utv-production/

It’s older news but interesting.
IMO, KTM at this moment is nothing more than ink on paper. I can't see them joining the party for at least another year or two. Right now, everything they touch has turned to gold. SXSs can either be a hit, or a failure. KTM won't become real until they know they have it down pat, and done right. Hopefully '21, I'll need a new car by then.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts