Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i just bought a 2013 xrs... i have had three rzr xp 900's and have had great luck with the polaris xp's but decided to try the maverick. is there anything that you guys have found that i need to do right away?? i am new to can am, i know on the polaris i greased the air filter lid and checked all the bolts and installed a front a arm brace when they were new, is there any similar things that i need to do to this xrs?? thanks

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yup do all that u said , and get new front tie rods and maybe a front utv gusset kit if u ride hard ! make sure urs has the new clutch stud recall!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is utv inc the only one that makes the gusset kit?? it does not have the new clutch stud, dealer did not even know about it until i mentioned it, they ordered the parts, i am going to pick it up tomorrow and bring it back when the stud comes in thanks... i was just reading about the shocks, is this thing going to buck as bad as the xp did????

·
Registered
545 Posts
is utv inc the only one that makes the gusset kit?? it does not have the new clutch stud, dealer did not even know about it until i mentioned it, they ordered the parts, i am going to pick it up tomorrow and bring it back when the stud comes in thanks... i was just reading about the shocks, is this thing going to buck as bad as the xp did????
Grease the air filter edges, add an Oring under them radiator overflow, grease the shock heims, be sure to re torque the beadlock rings.
Prelim shock set up - rebound all the way in, comp all the way out.
Check with CT Racing (Areed) - he sells a front gusset, tie rod kits, has a cure for the bucking.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do u mean about the radiator overflow? does the hose leak? where does the o ring go? i plan to grease the air filter and shocks along with torque all bolts, also plan to set shocks up the way u just mentioned. i was hoping these didnt buck as bad as the xp in stock form.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
the over flow radiator bottle remove the cap and get a o-ring that fits in there, they like to leak ,

rebound all the way in comp all way out , leave rebound in , slower turn comp out as needed

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure it has been mentioned on here but my next question is rev limiter / top speed. I seem to hit 8000 rpm around 68 mph. Then it will slowly climb to 73 mph I thought that was just all this thing had. I read in the owners manual that the rev limiter was set at 8000 rpm. So I think that is why it won't go any faster. Any ideas on bringing my top end rpm down??

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site

1 - 9 of 9 Posts