Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2021 X3 Max XRS Turbo RR
138 Posts
Why choose the Ibexx over a metal fabricated plenum like EVO's Torrent-F? I'm not in the market, but just would like to know. Price difference is negligible, especially considering what is needed mod wise to even consider an aftermarket plenum. Seems like leaving a "I hope this part survives" out there to save $400.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
As stated before, it would be most helpful if you could get a pic or two inside the plenum from the TB side, not the runners.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Why choose the Ibexx over a metal fabricated plenum like EVO's Torrent-F? I'm not in the market, but just would like to know. Price difference is negligible, especially considering what is needed mod wise to even consider an aftermarket plenum. Seems like leaving a "I hope this part survives" out there to save $400.
I liked the idea of a shorter path from the I/C to the throttle body. Not sure what you mean regarding mods with an aftermarket plenum. This one is bolt on. Nothing else needs to be changed.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
A couple of tips for anyone else doing this.
First off, the supplied silicon tee hose that connects to the throttle body is a big too large. They told me that they have ordered a custom tee that is smaller on the t/b side. They said that you can just crank down the clamp and it should hold. I didn't like that idea, so I cut the stock piece that connects to the t/b, and used it as a bushing. The hose is then a very snug fit, but requires you to use a slightly larger t- clamp. Luckily I had a few leftover from other projects.
Also, when bolting the manifold to the head, I used thin washers to spread the load and loctite to keep things from loosening up. A 45° silicon coupler is used from the I/C to the plastic tube they has the pre t/b map sensor on it. I had to trim it quite a bit to get a good fit.
Sorry for the long winded post. I hope it helps someone out.
I'm waiting on a few more parts from whalen to finish this up.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
A couple of tips for anyone else doing this.
First off, the supplied silicon tee hose that connects to the throttle body is a big too large. They told me that they have ordered a custom tee that is smaller on the t/b side. They said that you can just crank down the clamp and it should hold. I didn't like that idea, so I cut the stock piece that connects to the t/b, and used it as a bushing. The hose is then a very snug fit, but requires you to use a slightly larger t- clamp. Luckily I had a few leftover from other projects.
Also, when bolting the manifold to the head, I used thin washers to spread the load and loctite to keep things from loosening up. A 45° silicon coupler is used from the I/C to the plastic tube they has the pre t/b map sensor on it. I had to trim it quite a bit to get a good fit.
Sorry for the long winded post. I hope it helps someone out.
I'm waiting on a few more parts from whalen to finish this up.
hmm....... I do feel that's a bit unresonable. Also I wouldn't be comfortable with having to use a bushing to compensate, the flow should be fully unrestricted.

Looks like they have some work to to with their product.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It might have to do with the year machine I think the 2020 models use different size hoses from the intercooler. If I rember correctly. They might of been using a 2020 for mock up not thinking of the earlier models are different. I know on my manifold I did there two different setups 2017 to 2019. And 2020+

·
Registered
130 Posts
And with anything aftermarket there always something that not as easy as u expect. I know with mine I just did there things I learned that were not in the directions or even listed that would of made life way easier

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
hmm....... I do feel that's a bit unresonable. Also I wouldn't be comfortable with having to use a bushing to compensate, the flow should be fully unrestricted.

Looks like they have some work to to with their product.
They will be shipping the custom tee pretty soon. It has a slightly smaller size on the side that goes on the t/ b.
The bushing that I made from the stock part that goes to the inlet side of the t/ b is a perfect fit, and I don't see it as an issue at all . There are no instructions included, but it's pretty obvious how it fits together.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
They will be shipping the custom tee pretty soon. It has a slightly smaller size on the side that goes on the t/ b.
The bushing that I made from the stock part that goes to the inlet side of the t/ b is a perfect fit, and I don't see it as an issue at all . There are no instructions included, but it's pretty obvious how it fits together.
Just didn't like the answer "you can just crank down the clamp and it should hold".........with that much slack in order to be able to use another hose as a sleave?.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just didn't like the answer "you can just crank down the clamp and it should hold".........with that much slack in order to be able to use another hose as a sleave?.:rolleyes:
Thats how I felt as well. The "bushing" that I used was cut from the stock part where it clamps on the t/b. It is a harder material than a hose. I did order a new one to have just in case I ever needed to put the stock manifold back on which is unlikely .

21 - 38 of 38 Posts