Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Welcome frome Mesa AZ
The DS is a good machine. If there is any chance you will be riding on roads and open areas get the max. If you will be.mostly on restricted with trails the ds is a good option. I say this because most people I know who take the cars out and ride mountain road, gravel pits and fields all end up wanting the 72. It is soooo much better if your riding is not limited to 64" trails.
So if 64 is what you need don't regret it at all. Just don't buy a 64 when that is not required as you will most likely regret it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome from western PA. The x3 is an amazing machine no matter which model you choose. But like above if you are able to ride the 72inch in the locations you ride get that for sure!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome frome Mesa AZ
The DS is a good machine. If there is any chance you will be riding on roads and open areas get the max. If you will be.mostly on restricted with trails the ds is a good option. I say this because most people I know who take the cars out and ride mountain road, gravel pits and fields all end up wanting the 72. It is soooo much better if your riding is not limited to 64" trails.
So if 64 is what you need don't regret it at all. Just don't buy a 64 when that is not required as you will most likely regret it.
Thanks for the input. I will be riding trails and gravel pits mostly. I’ve never drove one though so I don’t know for sure on what one.
Welcome frome Mesa AZ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome from Louisville, KY. I ride in mostly Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee and haven't had any issues with the width of my 72" wide RC. I've only been to one small park where I've had any problems, and that was in my Commander. Most trails around here accommodate the larger sxs's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
Welcome from Tucson AZ. IMO, look at the RC.
Welcome from Louisville, KY. I ride in mostly Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee and haven't had any issues with the width of my 72" wide RC. I've only been to one small park where I've had any problems, and that was in my Commander. Most trails around here accommodate the larger sxs's
You guys are killing me now I’m thinking the 72 inch. Just don’t want to spend a ton of money on one and hopefully get the right one cause I’ll have it for awhile. Finding a good used one isn’t easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New from Ohio. I'm having the same issue. D.S. and R.S. was planning to go to Hatfield and Mcoy later this year. And not sure if a 72 inch wide is to wide for down there.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thanks

You guys are killing me now I’m thinking the 72 inch. Just don’t want to spend a ton of money on one and hopefully get the right one cause I’ll have it for awhile. Finding a good used one isn’t easy.
Welcome from NW Oregon!
Yes on 72" unless you feel you're definitely restricted to 64" which is very rare, you will appreciate it.
Better to buy most upgrades you can afford upfront, I would really consider the Turbo RR if at all possible, you will kick yourself later if you don't, especially if planning to keep it.

The search tool will become your best friend, so much info and community support.

Best in luck with your search!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts