Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the UTVs what would you guys recommend as some must have upgrades ? This thing feels pretty decent already

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site. If you do a search, you will find that most people feel the 2 most required upgrades are front tie-rods and the primary clutch. The clutch problem has been intermittent, so you just never know if your's is bad or not. Recall bolt seems to help the issues. Also at a minimun, a clutch kit will help with clutch performance.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I am going to have to do alot of research on these rigs there a hole lot different than what Im used to..

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome ot the forum! I noticed in one of your pictures you have the bimini top but looks like you have the top that goes on the MAX and not the 2 seater??? As desertdog has stated, #1 is tie rods! I personally think #2 should be 4 or 5 point harnesses. After that, consider clutching upgrades in either a kit upgrade or aftermarket clutches. It will let you get more of the power ot the rear wheels. Also, do some research on changing your shock settings. This will make a huge difference in how it handles. Doors are another popular upgrade, along with hard or soft tops, lighting systems, bumpers....you name it. Start with the neccesities and then prioritize based on how deep you wallet is or on personal preference.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well I assumed that any safety items should be first on the list. I was thinking of upgrades to keep things from breaking.My bad.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tie rods are no good eh? What brand would you recommend changing them too? And I fab alot of stuff so prepare your self's for some SICK stuff.. Just need to learn a lot more about these.. Doing a cat delete thursday night so prepare your selfs for results.. I will post dyno number before and after =)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well I assumed that any safety items should be first on the list. I was thinking of upgrades to keep things from breaking.My bad.
we forgive you dd :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
For tie rods i got turnkey's, mine lasted until someone hit me while i was racing. For now sit back and search for any answers you might have. Go through the vid and pic section and see what everyone has done and make your plan of attack.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
the tie rods are no good eh? What brand would you recommend changing them too? And I fab alot of stuff so prepare your self's for some SICK stuff.. Just need to learn a lot more about these.. Doing a cat delete thursday night so prepare your selfs for results.. I will post dyno number before and after =)
Awesome stuff! I haven't really heard anything bad about any of the aftermarlet tie rods. I personally have a set from Alex at CT Racing (AREED). They are first class products and are a bit thicker than some of the others available. Here are a few pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I also just purchased mine and in order my upgrades I'm looking into are: Pro Armor 3" padded 5-point harnesses, weld or bolt on harness bar, STM full clutch kit from Kris at Cold Blooded Performance, CT Racing tie rods & gusset kit, Blingstar doors, turnkey roof........Oh yeah, before all that happens a 2nd TD on my house!!! LOL Welcome to the forum!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts