Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2013 wildcat limited with lots of aftermarket parts. It is the regular model and not the x. I love the way it rides but my brother wants it pretty bad. I am thinking of buying a 2013 1000R, or 2014 1000R. The 2013 1000R is 14,800 and the 2014 is 15,400. Should I make the switch from the wildcat to the Maverick? and is the 2014 better than the 2013?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome. You should look into the xrs. You might be disappointed with the base model maverick's suspension coming from a wildcat. No performance upgrades were made from 2013 to 2014. So it's up to you. You have a couple different color options for the 2014 models and only 1 color option on the 2013's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welcome, and if you do opt for the 13 make sure all the recalls have been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why the XRS over the base? The wildcat does ride smooth for sure. Thanks for any comments. Also, we ride no dunes.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would get the XRS one you get power steering better shocks bigger display and so on......Just curious how did you like the Wildcat? I just about pulled the trigger on one myself but couldnt get past the Rotax motor? Have you had a chance to drive a popo or Mav?

·
Registered
194 Posts
XRS value for the extra cost is pretty good:
2.5 shocks, beadlock rims, better instrument display.

Also, it seems that all the aftermarket shock internals /spring upgrades are for the 2.5" shocks (XRS) instead of the 2.0" (base). In time that will probably change.

I think the 2014 gets DPS & QE ViscoLok?
But you should be able get a better deal on older 2013 stock.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the ride of the wildcat but since its not an X it really doesn't have the power that I am used too. I started with a rzr s, went to a rzrXP 900, and then to a wildly built terxy with muzzy 840, cams, headers. The teryx had 90HP with a funco long arm kit. I loved the teryx but it was over built for its design. I got the wildcat because I was tired of working on the rzr xp900 and the teryx. My brother is less experienced in offroad driving and loves my wildcat. If I sell it I am looking for something a bit quicker.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a 2013 base, my shocks seem to do just fine. ive never had a bike that had a superbly set up suspension so its hard to gauge. ill run 60 mph over a whoop section with no problems, I have bottomed it out coming off a jump but I did have about 550 pounds of myself and my buddy in it. I think where your gonna see the most difference is on a track.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i don't think the 2.0's would be bad for just trail riding.i have bottomed mine out in the dunes on some hard hits but overall i think they are pretty good shocks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You have rebound adjustability with the xrs shocks too. A lot of aftermarket sxs's have rebound set too high with the stock valving, causing the rear to buck over whoops and short jumps. so any adjustability you get is a good thing. If you really want to blow your brother away on the trail, you can get the dual rate spring setup and revalve done like I did from Alex at ct race worx. I never thought suspension could be so good on a sxs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Then get the 14' and you won't look back

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Coming from a Wildcat you will want the 2014 XRS model. Power steering will be a must, as you already have it on your wildcat. The 2.5 shocks have more adjustments and just a better shock.

Coming from a Wildcat you will love the power of the Maverick. The Maverick will feel like a rocket compared to the Wildcat. The seats are about the same in both. With the QE front diff on the Maverick you will be fine.

The Wildcat rides much smoother because of more wheel travel and the longer wheelbase.

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
556 Posts
my buddy with his XP was telling me about the Mavericks having problems climbing because of the front diff.
then he proceeded to try a couple of times and failed both to climb a hill, I climbed it, TWICE.
maybe there is a problem with the QE diff, but I couldn't tell. I haven't had an issue climbing anything that my rhino would climb.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The only thing that scares me is the visco lock. When we need 4wd we really need it.
I have a 14 with QE visco and even coming from a RZR I can tell you the 4wd sucks for rocks compared to Wildcat or RZR. BUT its an improvement in all other areas so its really what matters to you. My buddy has the Wildcat X and in the dunes its an obvious power difference with advantage to the Mav so I can only imagine what the difference would be vs a regular Wildcat.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
there is a aftermarket front switchable locker out now

1 - 20 of 29 Posts