Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I just sold my can am commander 1000 and am wanting to get a new Maverick and would like to know if there are any differences between the 2013 and 2014? Right now my dealer has a new 2013 maverick XRS for 17000 plus tax which Is like 3000 dollars off but no power steering and qe diff! Is there any other difference than those two things because I could just add them I guess and it would still be cheaper than the 2014 which is 21000 plus tax!
Or should I wait for the 2015 maverick to be release because it could be that much better! What do u guys think! Thanks Brent!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought a 13XRS off showroom floor for $14,500 Plus tax in Michigan. LOOOVE the machine like the different color options of the 14's

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should also mention Im in B.C. canada so prices are gonna be more money than in U.S.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a 13XRS off showroom floor for $14,500 Plus tax in Michigan. LOOOVE the machine like the different color options of the 14's
Yes I really like the red and white one but if I can save thousands because of color I will!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Exchange rate is dollar for dollar or in your favor isn't it? Might want to buy one in the US....depending on tariffs etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome Brent
Power steering and the QE is the only real difference. The money you are saving can go towards other accessories. Tell them to wave the PDI and Freight and make sure you get the extra 1.5 warranty for free.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
the power steering and qe2 is incredible, would be hard for me to pass up that since I have been without it and then been with it. worth the money in my opinion, of course you can buy that stuff and add it, but then the savings are gone down and you must do the labor and get it right. my thoughts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Exchange rate is dollar for dollar or in your favor isn't it? Might want to buy one in the US....depending on tariffs etc.
It was. Not any more.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I wont buy from the states, I want the warranty and our dollar is still dropping! anybody know how much the factory ps and qe is to buy?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Leftover 2013, superatv PS is 600, Kellylmann QE for a couple hundred or wait til the locker comes out even better.

I saved over 3k on a leftover 2013 and I couldn't be more happy with it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
While I did spend a lot on my 14 XRS, it was completely worth it. I may have paid a little extra for the red and white, but that's ok because I don't really care for yellow. I also have the DPS and I love the fact that I can change up how my steering is with the push of a button. You won't look back if you get the '14.

·
Registered
138 Posts
GVP sells the after market power steering. QE you can get from BRP (not cheap) or find a used one from a 2013 commander.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ya I wont buy from the states, I want the warranty and our dollar is still dropping! anybody know how much the factory ps and qe is to buy?
bjd

I am new to this forum, still running my Commander 1000x,
Ridden my brothers 2013 Maverick with power steering and it was absolutely phenomenal..
Whatever you get I would definitely get the P.S. and it is something I will be adding to my ride or will have as a factory option on the next one...
Located in South Langley, maybe we can hook up for a ride some time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bjd

I am new to this forum, still running my Commander 1000x,
Ridden my brothers 2013 Maverick with power steering and it was absolutely phenomenal..
Whatever you get I would definitely get the P.S. and it is something I will be adding to my ride or will have as a factory option on the next one...
Located in South Langley, maybe we can hook up for a ride some time.
Ya for sure! My first mod on my 2011 commander was ps and I didnt know how I did without it when I got it So ps is a must but I would really like the tri mode ps! I think Ill just go to Gvp and price it all out and see! Anybody know if its worth waiting for the 2015 maverick to come out? I really want to buy something now but if there is a big upgrade I could wait!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anybody been able to test ride the xxc maverick and the xrs because Im debating on getting the 60 inch wide one because I ride trails but want a nice smooth ride!

·
Registered
529 Posts
like the commercial says.....Wider is Better :)
as for the '14 model, I too had to choose as the prices on left over '13's were attractive.
however, in the end, I wanted the Red/White/Black with the DPS, and I'm totally glad I went that direction.
the power steering is amazing, I drove the Mav around the other day, then hopped in my Rhino and couldn't believe the difference the power steering makes.
totally happy with the choice of going with the '14.
Also, I think they added additional cooling to the clutch/belt on the 14's as well.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Has anybody been able to test ride the xxc maverick and the xrs because Im debating on getting the 60 inch wide one because I ride trails but want a nice smooth ride!
just get the XRS , if u need the 60'' wide that u get with the xxc u can get narrow off set wheels to make it narrower !

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys I was leaning towards the XRS also so I think Ill go price out a 2014 with dps!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I've driven both in the trails and fire roads and I bought the Xxc..as far as the handling going fast on turns and bumpy trails I found no difference at all between the both you will get about a 2 inch clearance advantage with the Xrs but it wasn't an issue for me and I had both in some pretty ruff terrain but I found the Xxc will track easier on tight trails and if you are in an area that ATV's are tracking ahead of you the Xxc is easier to follow their tracks JMO but I'd go with the Xxc unless you are in dunes and wide open roads then the Xrs would be just fine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts