Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that both New Hampshire and Maine have opened up hundred of miles of trails for ATV riding. Can all these trails be used with Maverick? I was told that most of new Hampshire trails other than the ones at Jerrico state park have a width limit of 50" due to narrow bridge crossing. Is that true? How much riding is really available for SxS?
How about Maine? do we know if conditions are the same or can we ride our Mavericks just about everywhere?
thank you

·
Registered
548 Posts
There are plenty of places to ride the Mav in NH and ME. Lots of clubs have been talking about widening their gates to allow sport SxS access to the trails. I hear that the vast majority of the trails in the Ride the Wilds system in northern NH is Mav friendly, and it is pretty much only between Colebrook and Pittsburgh that you may run into a few narrow gates. Coos county opens roads up to ATV traffic, so you could probably find your way around the trouble gates by road. I'll be up there with mine this summer and not too worried about getting where I want to go. My only ME experience is snowmobile season in Jackman, but I think it is good to go up there. I suggest calling the closest dealer to your destination to find out the trail details. I can ride a TON of miles right from my house in NH.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thank you for the info. May be I'll contact you in the spring and we can meet up and ride together.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think there will be interest between the Mav and Commander forums on a ride up there this summer. A few guys from both forums have expressed interest in getting together for a group ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts