Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im a wildcat owner looking at a change to something else...prob either a mav or a 900. All of my group rides rzrs for the most part so im totally unfamiliar with the mav. My big questions are is power steering neccisary? And is the non qe front diff as bad as it sounds? Im generally a trail rider. We ride alot of back roads at around 60 mph do some hill climbs generally do a little of everything. Even snow riding. It looks like you can get a great deal on just a regular mav without all the bells and whistles. Thats what id like to get if i can live without the options. Im open to any and all feedback so lay it on me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
you'll love the Mav, you don't need power steering unless your a pussy, I have the non qe and it has not been a problem, trust me when you push he throttle all else will be forgotten, plus you will spank all your buddies at will. this bike will do everything the 900 rzr will do, only better and a lot faster with better quality.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah I agree. Get the one that's a smokin deal, drive it for a while to see how you like it. Then add PS if you need it. Then you can also decide if you want to upgrade the front diff. That way your not spending money on items you don't need.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
sign and drive the regular mav is all u need u can add to it later if needed

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey guys im a wildcat owner looking at a change to something else...prob either a mav or a 900. All of my group rides rzrs for the most part so im totally unfamiliar with the mav. My big questions are is power steering neccisary? And is the non qe front diff as bad as it sounds? Im generally a trail rider. We ride alot of back roads at around 60 mph do some hill climbs generally do a little of everything. Even snow riding. It looks like you can get a great deal on just a regular mav without all the bells and whistles. Thats what id like to get if i can live without the options. Im open to any and all feedback so lay it on me.
Thanks.
Where in pa are you from?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'll be passing 79 going from nj to mi in about 3 hours.how's the riding our here?I live in Jersey always looking for places to ride.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The riding is good but its not as easy to ride as it used to be. 95% of the time we ride private ground and we keep losing riding spots to posted property and new owners. There are lots of dirt roads around so we ride them quite a bit to get from point a to point b. we also have a pretty nice offroad park near us too but we dont go there all that much...why pay to ride when we can ride for free? Im near Kittanning Pa.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you can dish out the extra money get it all at once.. ps is really nice in the woods drive with one hand and hold your fav adult beverage in the other

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im just ready to try something different. The wildcat is just a little long for the type of riding i do. The ride and suspension is second to none though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
go to stillers they treated me great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the xrs without ps an I love it, coming from a highly modded rzr800 its a hugh dif. plus I rode against a xp1 rzr this weekend an I fell I did better on the trails then he did an the mav has jus as much power. I wouldn't worry bout the q in the front. mines did great in mud an hills without it. I did buy ps jus cause slow riding on the trails, but youll be completely satisfied with a base mav for sure. its all what ya wanna spend, but welcome to the site an good luck with your choice

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts