Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a new Can Am Mav. xrs and I am seeing kinda everywhere that there is some axle breakage issues and also that QE is becoming standard in 2014 but I don't see this confirmed on the Can Am site. Do we know for sure if both of these items are being addressed in 2014 sometime. I have saw the costs to repair a broken axle deal and I don't want to have to retrofit both of my rear axles at can am parts prices by buying a new machine before this is addressed. I ride HARD !! and if it can be broke I'm gonna do it. I gotta wait to pull the trigger until I know whats what. Plus who know what might be available in the near future from Can Am in the power wars.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would say quite the opposite. My 2013 Mav 1000R has a factory axle saver feature that cuts power while you are in the air. It can be a bit annoying when you are jumping and are throttling up the face of a jump. Or going through a whoops section. There are 3rd party companies that make a bypass kit.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I would say quite the opposite. My 2013 Mav 1000R has a factory axle saver feature that cuts power while you are in the air. It can be a bit annoying when you are jumping and are throttling up the face of a jump. Or going through a whoops section. There are 3rd party companies that make a bypass kit.
the 14 max XRS MODEL has power steering and is a power animal, a rocket. as to broken axles, nothing to worry about, sure you can scan thru the forums of any board and find a few on all brands. a lot of times if you trace back issues that get blown up it leads to a troll looking to down grade a brand, nothing more. if it hqppens under 1% its not something to worry about in general. im sure we all face a 1% chance of getting in a wreck in our car everytime we go out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, a slightly and lightly used 13 with thses upgrades could be the ultimate deal !!! Is the XRS model upgraded in the HP. dept ?? Onece again I dont see these things on the can am sight and that is why I am asking questions here.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No same hp.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
for 2013, the XRS has Fox Podium 2.5" shocks, a better instrument cluster and graphics kit and seat covers…….other than that, it is the same animal….

1 - 7 of 7 Posts