Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow adrenaline junkie dirt assassins!

I got into the SxS market a year ago with the purchase of a RZR 570. I love my 570 and drive it daily, but now that my year long experiment is over, its time to be adding a new machine to the stable. So I have been doing some research on the top 3 models; RZR XP, Wildcat X, and the Maverick.

I have driven a XP, and as far as power goes, it rocks. It lacks in fit and finish and cockpit room and comfort.
I was able to take a wildcat X for a couple of hours. The suspension is smooth and works flawlessly. The cockpit is good and styling is good. The downside is that I feel like I am driving a bus! It has way to large of a turn radius for tighter trails. It makes a great desert/sand machine, but in the mountains here, the tight trails would give it fits.

So that leaves me with the Maverick. I have ridden around the block in the passenger seat, so I know the power is not lacking and the cockpit is sweet. So now I am just doing research to figure out which of the three I want. At the moment, the Mav is leading my decision tree. And with the addition of the new models it seems like it may be jumping in the lead.

If there is anyone on here thats close to me thats willing to give me a ride in the rough stuff please let me know. My dealer doesn't have a demo that we can take out. If I am going to spend 18k + on a ride, a trip around the block just wont work.

DA

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to site. To bad you missed out on the Mav demo tour. I was able to drive one on a race track in lake Elsinore. I was also undecided because of the cost. But once I drove one, the decision was easy. No SxS is perfect for everything, so you really just need to realize its only a starting point. So make sure it can be modified to suit your riding needs and you will never look back. There will always be something bigger or better coming out I the future. So decide if this one has enough and get in the game.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Greetings fellow adrenaline junkie dirt assassins!

I got into the SxS market a year ago with the purchase of a RZR 570. I love my 570 and drive it daily, but now that my year long experiment is over, its time to be adding a new machine to the stable. So I have been doing some research on the top 3 models; RZR XP, Wildcat X, and the Maverick.

I have driven a XP, and as far as power goes, it rocks. It lacks in fit and finish and cockpit room and comfort.
I was able to take a wildcat X for a couple of hours. The suspension is smooth and works flawlessly. The cockpit is good and styling is good. The downside is that I feel like I am driving a bus! It has way to large of a turn radius for tighter trails. It makes a great desert/sand machine, but in the mountains here, the tight trails would give it fits.

So that leaves me with the Maverick. I have ridden around the block in the passenger seat, so I know the power is not lacking and the cockpit is sweet. So now I am just doing research to figure out which of the three I want. At the moment, the Mav is leading my decision tree. And with the addition of the new models it seems like it may be jumping in the lead.

If there is anyone on here thats close to me thats willing to give me a ride in the rough stuff please let me know. My dealer doesn't have a demo that we can take out. If I am going to spend 18k + on a ride, a trip around the block just wont work.

DA
I tell u what a trip around the block is all u need to see clearly maverick is the better sxs of the 3 , less problems,. more proven rotax motor, super nice looking , rides awesome and tons of options and ways to set the suspension up to your riding so don't let a stock suspension maverick make up your mind as they ride a lil firm ! oh and if your tall your knee fits better in the maverick them slammed in the dash of a rzr also go look how the a-arms are mounted on the front of a rzr one bolt for top one for bottom , I like the double sided a-arms , lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I have been researching for several months now. Leaning towards a base model then adding a power steering setup. I like the thought of a 60", but cannot see paying an extra 2k for something with less travel, and features that I really don't think I would use. I figure that I have only ever bottomed out my RZR 570 twice with 9" of travel, so with 14" i should be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts