Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy a new era 1000 cc SXS and studing all of them, I'm here to learn more about Can Am. I admittedly thought there was no other but Polaris and have had many quads by them, but I am maybe seeing the light. A couple of things have happened, our best semi local dealer has now got Artic Cat and will have the Can Am's in 30 days as well. Also I did not realize the lower center of gravity of the Maverick that everyone claims, same is true for the weight being more forward, as I like hills. I have read and lurked here and have questions that I will be posting. Thanks...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum….best bang for the buck right now are the 2013 Mavricks…..

Reactions: BAMA-S

·
Registered
477 Posts
All about how much you want to spend. If monies not a problem the 4 has power steering and QE . I went for a 13 because of the deal I received on it. I'm trying to budget too many toys between the woods and the lake....LOL

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
All about how much you want to spend. If monies not a problem the 4 has power steering and QE . I went for a 13 because of the deal I received on it. I'm trying to budget too many toys between the woods and the lake....LOL
agreed…..you can equip a 2013 Xrs with power steering ands the QE front diff for under $2k. Add that to what we are seeing the 13's going for ($13,500) and you are $2,000 ahead….leaving you money in your pocket for some nice aftermarket goodies like clutches, tie rods and gussets…..

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
How much of a deal is this rear axle breakage thing ?? I was considering it the biggest deal from a cost stand point ??
Honestly speaking I hadn't heard of any breaking until today when reading another post about a fe Mavericks in an endurance race breaking the head off of the CVT joints…..So I don't think it is a very common failure at this point.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I rock crawled 8 hrs sat, did not have QE . Had to back up twice and bump over microwave sized rocks. So QE may not be needed where you ride. I haven't heard anything or had any issues with axles breaking .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts