Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! Im seth and new to this sxs scene. I've riden bikes and quads for a while but never paid any attention to sxs. A buddy of mine borrowed my gopro for one of his friends races (my buddy was the passanger) and when I got to watch the video I was instantly hooked. I wasnt even in the race scene with bikes or quads, but I knew right away that racing these machines was for me. I did a lot of research on brands and models and ended up with a 14 xxc that I picked up in January. The dealership experience wasnt the greatest, but I got a killer deal once we got on the same page. (Psa: dont ever pay frieght, doc, or prep fees. It's all bogus and adds to your cost and thier profit). Got the unit home and started making plans for what needed to be improved. I read thru forums, talked with racers, and looked the unit over. I am running in xc2 class in the gncc series so Im a little limited with what I can do in some areas. First up is tie rods and radius rods. Got mine thru Alex at CT. Next was chassis braces for the front end. I got those from turnkey. Besides making it stronger in areas, I also had to make it race legal. I added doors from blingstar and custom fitted the stock nets back on for added safety. A fire extinguisher was mounted behind the passanger seat. Had to have 4 point harness so I got a bar from utv inc and picked up proarmor belts from Ironpony. For my own preference I went with a aluminum roof from turnkey and a half windshield from emp. Althought the half windshield might get cut down to a quarter. Haha. As suggested by a fellow racer, I relocated the coil and fuse box from the rear fender to the rear deck. Its in case you tear that fender off, the wires dont go with it. This is all Ive done with it so far. There are still more things I want to install. A better and wider front bumper. Probly go with turnkey since I already have the front skid plate that will fit their bumper. BRP rock sider bars. I like how tight they fit to the body. Rear bumper. I havent seen one i like yet. If I have time, I'll just weld up my own. Tire balls. Never worry about a flat tire again. A-arm gaurds. Not sure on brand yet. Possibly turnkey. Better steering rack with 1.5 ratio. Havent decided on a brand yet. Suggestions?? Our first race was in Georgia at the gncc. We didnt finish the race because I hit a tree and broke the front a am in half. We had a great time tho meeting new people and hanging out. Oh did I mention my wife is the co-pilot. It keeps the marriage fun and interesting I guess. She loves it and our kids do tooIm breaking the cardinal rule here. I never took any pics of my unit besides the day I brought it home. After its repaired and washed, I'll get pics updated and try my best to take progress pics too

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are tire balls? where did you buy your Mav?
Tire Balls are balls that are differant sizes that install packed inside the tire. Almost like many tubes instead of just one. They are expensive, but will get you to the finish line..... Or at least out of the woods. Installed price is around $230 a tire at the races. Cheaper if you do it yourself. I got my xxc from ASK in Grovecity. The one in Lancaster has every model and color Can Am in their lot. Thanks Play-doh

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your racing experience.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
welcome from Michigan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts