Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here but not to atv's or other forums. I currently own a heavily modded 02 Arctic Cat 500 FIS that I love dearly and last year I added to my collection, a 2012 Sportsman 500 that I got for a steal at my dealership. Since I barely ride it and my dad does he is going to buy it from me. I joined this forum because I am in the market for a SxS and being a die hard AC owner I narrowed it down to the Wildcat X and the Maverick Xrs. I have driven the Xrs a few times and really like these machines, the power and suspension are top notch but I hate the color options. I really wish blue and black were available. I also drove a couple Wildcat 1000's but not the X yet, which I will do in the next few weeks, I can't wait. I could possibly be a new Can Am owner but before I bite the bullet and spend $20k I want to find every quirk with both machines so I can make the right choice. Searching this forum should help me find all of the info I need, I hope. Btw I have always liked Can Ams and I never once called them Can Hams. LOL. Ok maybe once.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Main problems on maverick are cheap tie rods and an inefficient clutch. Get those fixed and haul ass

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
A group of us are heading up to Stone Lake Sunday, will be some Mavericks up there as well, and possibly a Rzr.....but if you are an owner by then you'd be welcome to join us. Bit of a haul, but those trails up there are amazing...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site. IMO an aftermarket primary clutch is required just for peace of mind. The added performance is a bonus. After that it really depends on your style of riding and how agressive you ride. Every brand of SxS has their own quirks but one thing is for sure the Rotax engine is a proven beast and it's reliable. I have seen many SxS and also own a Kawi Teryx and IMO the Can-Am quality of fit, finish and engineering is second to none.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! With regards to the color, I like to consider that at the bottom of my pros and cons list. First consider the mechanics of the machine and overall quality of the build. Although, the choice is purely yours.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome ot the forum and like theothers have said.....tie rods and a Primary clutch are a neccesity.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
welcome im new to with my 2014 maverick xrs looking for atv and side by side mud races in wic left this year you know of any let me know thanks 218 780 9869

1 - 8 of 8 Posts