Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

New guy from GA

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  heavysledz 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just purchased a new to me 2013 XRS. I have to setup transport and payment still, but hopefully within a week or so it will be in my hands. It has 350 miles, LSR long travel and Beard custom seats. Can't wait to get all the red tape out of the way so I can drive it. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle
Yellow Vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Bumper

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats, Nice looking ride.

#5 ·
I go to a bunch of different parks in GA, TN, AL, NC (Beasley, Morris, Golden, Chocco, etc.) . I trail ride in my 2013 Jeep JKUR 10A on 42's so this will be something my wife can drive to give her something to do. I might just have to teach her how to drive a stick so she can take the Jeep sometimes and let me drive this : )

The LSR adds 3.5" to each side on the front and 4.5" to each side in the rear. I liked it because it will help keep it tire side down since my wife will be driving it. It also pushes the rear axle back by 2" to add some wheel base. I'm not worried too much about width because my Jeep is about 84" wide and she will be following me mostly.

#7 ·
Hey! Welcome to the forum and to the addiction. Your profile says that your from Canton, you must live right down the street from me. We have a couple of Mavericks and some buggies. Have you been riding at Windrock or Durhamtown? We are heading up to Windrock on the 24-26 for the jamboree. You think it will be ready by then? We are also doing a day ride at Moto- Mountain here in a couple weeks (we went over the weekend but its hard to invite people if we don't know that they have a Maverick.) ;)

Anyway, congratulations on the purchase! Shoot me a PM.

#8 ·
#9 ·
These pics are from the F/S ad. I don't have it yet since it is in Cali. I'm not sure where he got the seats.

As far as the different rides go, I doubt I'm going to be doing SXS only rides. We have a son who is almost 3 and my wife is 7 months preggers so the kids will be in the Jeep and me or her (after she delivers) will be in the SXS.

Here is my Jeep Off-roading Rock Vehicle Jeep Soil

#10 ·
You can order those seats from Kironis mfr. They are the maker of the beard seats. They are way more comfortable than the stockers, but the seat part was too short for me. I like more support under my legs up to my knees, otherwise these were the seats I was going to get for my Mav. They can be found online.

#15 ·
Yeah just let me know. Being a former Jeep guy what are the specs on that pig. I built a killer JK a couple years ago that you may have seen.

#16 ·
2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary
RK 5.5 X-Factor Long Arm
RRD 2.0 shocks
Goodyear 42x14.50r17 MTR Kevlars
FUEL Krank 17x9 -12et Black
RockJock III D60 front - 5.38, Grizzly Locker, chromo shafts, Yukon Hardcore hubs
Trussed GM AAM 10.5 "14 bolt" rear - 5.38, Grizzly Locker
Custom Drive shafts
SSBC 8 Piston front brakes
OEM GM 1 ton rear brakes
PSC Brawler Lite w/ Brawler bar front
PSC Rock Brawler rear
PSC Crusher flares
Dynamax Evolution Competition cat back
Smitty X2O-10 Comp
PSC hydro-assist with PSC pump

#19 ·
Well it took forever to get the transport lined up, but it is finally here. Took it out yesterday for some high speed trail riding and I am hooked. This LSR long travel setup is awesome! Soaked up everything I threw at it at 50 mph. I was literally giggling (no other way to say it) out loud like a giddy school girl because I was having so much fun. I'm hooked now and might have to think about getting another one instead of keeping the Jeep. Otherwise me and my wife would constantly fight over who gets to drive the Mav. Long Travel FTW!

#21 ·
I could only imagine how it would perform with the long travel setup and Alex's shock tuning.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.