Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Razor S, and Im thinkin of jumping ship to a Maverick R XXC DPS
I have a buttload of money in my Razor, so I need some reassurance that this is the right move.
I ride mostly tight technical woods, love to crawl and climb.
Would love to hear from some previous S owners.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I would go sit and drive one and love it for yourself !

cuz were all gonna say hell ya its a badass machine u will never look back at that poopoo ! lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
I came over to the dark side about a month ago from a rzrs. I went with the XRS and love it! The ride and power is no comparison to the rzr. I am more than happy with mine. Just take some good looks at your rzr and go compare it to the can-am on how it's built. I will tell you can-am is built much stronger looking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I missed my opportunity to ride one at the closest demo show couple weeks ago.
There is a dealer 100 miles away that just got one in, but doubt they do test rides.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I came from a RZR S too..... The only time I miss it is when I'm filling the tank or trying to fit into a tight space.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I missed my opportunity to ride one at the closest demo show couple weeks ago.
There is a dealer 100 miles away that just got one in, but doubt they do test rides.
I never even test drove one or rode in one before I went and bought one. I talked to a couple of my buddies that went from rzr to maverick and said they never would go back.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I never even test drove one or rode in one before I went and bought one. I talked to a couple of my buddies that went from rzr to maverick and said they never would go back.
There it is right there. You certainly don't hear any guys going from can-am to Pooolaris and loving their choice. Like the guy said go take a real good detailed look at your Rzr then do the same detailed inspection on the can-am and that should help you decide. I came over from a Kawi and I love it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I came a hairs breath from buying a left over RZR900LE Xps Orange Madness in LA. Then I stopped by my local Can-Am dealer and after looking it over (and under) I could see the superior fit, finish and engineering that went into the machine. It just plain looked like you get more for your money with the Maverick (the prices were almost the same). I also had prior experience with Rotax motors in dirt bikes back in the day and knew they were fast and reliable. Oh yeah, welcome to the Maverick forum!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Give Phil Lithgow at Lithgow Motor Sports in Hoopeston IL 217-283-5171
I drove 225 miles to get one from them and have looked back!
My best Friend has an S and he loves my rig
2013 XRS

·
Registered
413 Posts
I test drove a Trex & RZR the fit & finish of the Can-am was so much better I bought the Max not even knowing what it sounded like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Test drive one and take not of the superior fit, finish, and quality of the parts…..I haven't head a single person that has switched from a Polaris to Can Am regret their decision.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Give Phil Lithgow at Lithgow Motor Sports in Hoopeston IL 217-283-5171
I drove 225 miles to get one from them and have looked back!
My best Friend has an S and he loves my rig
2013 XRS
That is the dealer I will be dealing with, they just got a XXC in and put together last week.
I gotta get over there and check it out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
FBI if you buy one tell Phil he owes me a deal on a QE diff lol.... All BS aside hit me up if you would like after you buy what every type rig your getting as I plan on doing a ton of riding next year and will be around your area some.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I switched from a 50" Rzr LE to the Xxc, no looking back here. Love the power and ride, I also ride tight trails sometimes, that's why I got the Xxc. I climbed a hill this weekend that my buddies XP 900 only made it up 3/4 way. Had it up to 74 on the GPS this weekend too. The ground clearance isn't great on the Xxc, only 8.5" in the front on mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I switched from a 50" Rzr LE to the Xxc, no looking back here. Love the power and ride, I also ride tight trails sometimes, that's why I got the Xxc. I climbed a hill this weekend that my buddies XP 900 only made it up 3/4 way. Had it up to 74 on the GPS this weekend too. The ground clearance isn't great on the Xxc, only 8.5" in the front on mine.
Only 8.5" of clearance in front? wow what kind of clearance do the wide rides have?
I have 12.5 on my Razor.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sounds like you may have your pre-load set too soft...

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
its good to hear all these stories of popp owners now in the canams. while we all know there is no perfect machine that suits every person, these get pretty close and y can customize them to your liking. out of the box, canam has it down.... welcome aboard boys and girls.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts