Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
would the 45sr winch fit fine? only diff is 15.1" compared to the 13.4" on the 35sr...

·
Registered
42 Posts
no problem... i'll stick with your same set-up then. now just to anxiously wait for the bumper! great looking set-up btw!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Can you take a measurement from the very tip of the plastic radiator grill to the farthest point forward? I only have 4-5" between the grill and the glass door in the hauler with the OE bumper removed. The Mav is loaded right now and would be a good time to confirm fit.

I assume it work with the Can Am 4K Warn winch?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Viper is 3" x 4.88". Got me a Viper Elite 5000 going to go on this bumper =) Can't wait. Thanks to all who contributed to this..I wasnt sure what I was going to do to mount my winch considering I have the front gussets installed.

I am pretty sure Warn uses the 3x4.88 bolt pattern only up to the 3000lb winches. After that it is 3x6.59. Provantage line goes up to 3500 before switching to larger bolt pattern.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The whole problem that was ran across is that to make it fit between the bottom frame rails and them to clear gussets and everything else plus keep it tucked in close u are limited to 6 inches max with of base on winch at the bottom... That being said and with what everyone was wanting to see this is the best option-...... If u are ordering winch for this bumper please make sure they are no bigger than the winch that i have listed... Just so u dont run into problems...these pics will help u understand.... Product Auto part Wheel Metal Tool accessory Steel Cylinder Machine Metal

·
Registered
492 Posts
Looks like it will fly in a 10' garage hauler. I have 6" between that point you measured and the glass. I have the Mav shimmed away from the wall with a 2x6 for clearance right now. 30" tires against the wall would be golden without shimming!

Basically, the bumper itself is flush with the front of the stock tires and your light bar is maybe another 3/4" out.

Anyone want to buy a brand new never installed Can Am 4K winch?:in love:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I really like that bumper, looks sweet. Is it possible to fab a seperate winch mounting plate to fit the bigger winches? I also have the UTV inc gusset kit & it was nice because they already had 3 pre-drilled holes in it for a good mounting point. On my bumper build which is similiar in ct's design I incorporated a seperate winch mounting plate for my 4500lb winch & from the pics I see it looks like there might be enough room. Instead of having to sell the winch you already have & getting a smaller one. Here's a side pic of mine to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
Vehicle Auto part Yellow Car Suspension

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can you pm me a price as pictured?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I really like that bumper, looks sweet. Is it possible to fab a seperate winch mounting plate to fit the bigger winches? I also have the UTV inc gusset kit & it was nice because they already had 3 pre-drilled holes in it for a good mounting point. On my bumper build which is similiar in ct's design I incorporated a seperate winch mounting plate for my 4500lb winch & from the pics I see it looks like there might be enough room. Instead of having to sell the winch you already have & getting a smaller one. Here's a side pic of mine to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
View attachment 1906
It would be hard to do it and keep the base the same width. Not impossible but i beleive alex made up a certain amoun of the bottom plates for this app.. This was very time consuming to get rite trust me

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Can you pm me a price as pictured?
Winch i bought from summit for 230 to my door light bar was 130 i think 25 dollars wiring harness and 18 dollar switch from UTV inc.. bumper can be priced by CT Racing-AReed
also 40 bucks in duplicolor armor bedliner...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Oh ya. Believe me, I know how time consuming it is to fabricate. I spent a couple of weekends getting mine right, then getting it powder coated the same as the roll cage, form fitting the UHMW skid section & so on. Definately takes time to get it right. Just was thinking there might be an alternative way for the guys that already have the bigger winches to sqeeze them in there.
It would be hard to do it and keep the base the same width. Not impossible but i beleive alex made up a certain amoun of the bottom plates for this app.. This was very time consuming to get rite trust me

41 - 60 of 98 Posts