Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to here your opinions... Its 1.75 tube and in early stages... Will have a hoop on top and front plate with side pieces? Im hoping to intergrate a winch mount...

IMG_0859.jpg
IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0861.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
its monsterous!!!

the top bar looks a little high and might interfear with the headlights. Turn them on and see if the lights shine on the tube, it would be easy to trim the risers down now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
X2
My headlights hit my rzr bumper and kick up a glare. I think a couple inch drop at most should be good and then kick the crossbar up to match the angle of the headlights. Tube size is perfect & risers look real good with the angles of the front. Like the substantial look of it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking same thing on headlights after looking at it...Friend of mine is building it for me, Ill have him look at that this PM... It could com down just a bit.. I think 2 inch would be perfect. It is Monsterous but it will be something to protect the front

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alex Reed (AReed) is building this for me... Let him know what you would like to see in this build... He will be a vendor real soon and is a good person to deal with... Has lots of Off Road experience he is building things that won't break...Even if it costs a bit more with true Made In USA Parts

For me I wanted this bumper to work with the FUTV Front skid as in flow with the bend so when you hit stuff it is deflected and also integrate a winch mount and provide good protection for us East coast Woods riders and rock bouncers... A top hoop and welded front skid After some adj. and your feedback I think this will be a strong piece...

·
Registered
492 Posts
It it fits tight like that and had a winch mount, I'd be all over it. I need it to fit in the 10' hauler garage.

I'm tired of pulling the front bumper to load every time!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Bumper is almost finished... The top of the tube on the sides will be lined up with the bottom of the cross bar...Just up a little higher... If you want no winch it will be like this... If you want a winch there will be radius plates that extend from bottom to the Middle cross bar and a small plate that the winch will mount too...It will still utilize the front built in skid and provide more deflection......

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
After a couple tweaks next week it will be winch friendly and ready to go to its new home.
Any input from you guys would be great.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Very nice build, after the wench mount it'll be ready for production! What's the price for a bumper like that?

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
The bumper will come in two different setups, one without winch mount and one with winch mount. There will be about a $50-60 difference between the two.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice work guys. One thought...does the bumper stick out in front of the Mav beyond the front tires? I ask because if you ever "lawn dart" your Mav...will the bumper prevent you from breaking/bending your tie rods or other front end parts? The Can-Am accessory bumper sticks out just enough to help prevent this kind of damage. That doesn't make it a better, but I thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

Thanks for the pics and great work!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts