Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum im from outside of morgantown ive had a maverick for almost 1 year now love it but im ready to get more out of it excited to hear everyones $0.02
GoPro Vids to come soon!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only upgrades I've done is a gates belt (that just broke yesterday) and chromoly tie rods. Would love to upgrade my clutch if I can ever get a hold of Adam at airdam seen nothing but positive feed back on his cv tech clutches. Also looked into a over ride fan on/off switch. Considering on buying a tuner maybe a lift an bigger tires. Sooo many possibilities gotta hear what's working the best for people. Ridding in West Virginia we see a little bit of everything it's very demanding trails for an off road vehicle. Any thoughts suggestions on what's best upgrade for my baby

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome, and prepare for all the two cents you could ever wish for.. :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'll give you $0.10. Calling from experience from yesterday, I would def. suggest a 4-Point harness. It more than likely saved my dumb ass from breaking a few ribs.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hit up Alex (AREED) from CT Race Worx for all of the gussets, guards, tie rods, radius rods, bumpers etc.....then hit up KRIS for clutching options. He will get back to you and will be there for you after the sale as well.....

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey Beerman, there is a big group of us this weekend heading to Ashland WV on Friday AM. about 20-22 of us. Are you close? And I hope you had plenty of miles on your Gates before it broke, I just changed mine out after 1200 miles on the stock one. Now I'm trying the Gates out this weekend, I would hate to change it out on the trails.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hey Beerman, there is a big group of us this weekend heading to Ashland WV on Friday AM. about 20-22 of us. Are you close? And I hope you had plenty of miles on your Gates before it broke, I just changed mine out after 1200 miles on the stock one. Now I'm trying the Gates out this weekend, I would hate to change it out on the trails.

Did I miss this event? I'm only 45 minutes from Ashland resort?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Steve: If your coming to WV you have to ride the Sanderson Wilderness Area just outside of Charleston. This place is huge, bring a GPS, we find people lost in there all the time. I've been riding it for 15 years and find new trails all the time. You can stay in Elkview at the Country Inn and Suites and its about 15 minutes from there. Some bring campers and stay up there but there are no utilities. If your coming to Sanderson let me know and I'll try and to show you around.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'll have to check that out sometime, everybody going to Ashland this weekend. If we can make it sometime I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Welcome..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome from MD. I'm headed your way next week. We will be at the Ashland HM resort next Thursday-Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I did I ran a trap line with my dad this winter and had it on for most of last summer after stock belt broke. I had a lot of abuse on it running the trap line in deep snow plus I had to hook to my dads razor and pull it back home a few days  and I got stuck on a skidder road last weekend bike got real hot getting out took me all the way home but broke in the yard when my drunk cousin took it for a lap. So after saying that my bike is in the garg waiting for nice weather to spray off and take it apart deff sticking with gates belt also waiting till mud nationals over this weekend to get with Adam with airdam and buy a new clutch kit but after I get fixed up I'm down to ride anywhere in wv is close enough. I live outside Morgantown but I've drove as far south as haitfield an McCoy trails.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts