Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Thank you for letting me join your forum. I'm here to get all the feedback I can about the 2014 Maverick 1000 X RS before I take the plunge and buy one.
I bought a 2014 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE back in October and it's already been in the shop twice because of belt / clutch failure. Kawasaki has been great about it and have repaired it both times as they are admitting there is a problem with the new model. The original factory belt was a #33. It lasted 250 miles. They replaced the belt with a new designed belt #39 and a new clutch. This set up lasted another 350 miles till the belt blew. Now they are replacing it with another designed belt #40 and a newly designed clutch. Thank God they have a 3 year warranty. Now I have to do the research and find the best machine to buy. I'm switching from the 4 seater to a true sport 2 seat. The wife and kids said screw it so I'm riding alone now. Lol.
I'm fed up. I can't trust this machine to get me there and back. It has left me stranded twice now this time in the middle of nowhere 15 miles from camp with no cell service. The hike back almost killed us.
So, I would like to read your honest opinions good and bad about the 1000 X RS. Every brand has it's pros and cons. Please let me hear them.
Thank you, Toby.

·
Registered
204 Posts
First, welcome! I know you will love the Maverick, I sure do enjoy mine. I found out that if you are running in soft dirt/mud and anything 35mph and under you use low. I read a lot and found that to be the best to keep the belt in great shape.
You will find all kinds of upgrades and cool stuff to add to your bike. One more thing, where the heck is Borger Texas? I live between Houston and Galveston.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your bad luck. As you have said every brand has it quirks! I owned a 2008 Teryx for 5 yrs and after I modified the motor to get some hp, I had nothing but problems. Switched to the Mav to have factory hp and I love it. Not 1 issue yet. You oi have to learn what each brand is capable of doing .

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome glad to see your about to jump into the fun

Reactions: West Texas Raider

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We do a lot of riding at the Canadian River north of Amarillo. Rosita Creek Flats and Blue West recreation area out by Lake Meredith.

·
Registered
400 Posts
How much. :). May have some interested parties. Not me could never give up the mav it's a beast. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
We do a lot of riding at the Canadian River north of Amarillo. Rosita Creek Flats and Blue West recreation area out by Lake Meredith.
Welcome from Graham tx. You'll love the Mav after a few simple upgrades it'll be bulletproof. I cross the Canadian a couple times a year, always wondered how the riding is, but it's a bit of a hike for me.

XPEE1k killer

·
Registered
400 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts