Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I Guess I'll tell my riding history as a start.

Back in 2006 I went with what everyone was saying and bought a 660 rhino. It was fun for a few months but I found myself very bored with it. No power no bling ect ect. That drove me into the dirt bike world for a little while and I sold the rhino. Once can am came out with the commander I knew things were going to change big in the side by side world. So I guess you can say I have been a fan for some time now.

I have decided on a maverick. I'm going to go with a 14 model and I want a two seater. I test drove a commander xt and was very pleasantly shocked, when I was preparing to test drive the maverick I got some bad news. Earlier that day someone put a deposit on the xrs dps that I was going to test drive and all that was ready was an xrs 4 seater. Boy what a ride. And so smooth, I was riding pretty aggressively for a test ride at a dealer and my passenger didn't have his seat belt on and wasn't even holding the oh *^%* handles.

From that that stems my questions, how would an xrs handle compared to the max? Would it be as smooth? Would it stick to the ground as well? (I was cornering very aggressively and couldn't get the tires to lift or break much traction)
I also really like the idea of the xxc. Does it ride as smooth? Would you describe it as better or worse than the xrs?

Also so my modifications on purchase will be, can am doors, warn winch, and an audioformz roof.

last question, any hunters out there use a maverick?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....if you like the Commander XT, you will love the Maverick X-RS. It will not handle as well as the MAX due to the shorter wheelbase but it is still light years ahead of the Commander in power and overall performance. Most folks that get the XXC do it out of necessity due to where they ride. If you don't have restrictions on the width, then don't bother looking at the XXC as you will end up wanting the extra ground clearance and width for added stability.

Find a dealer where you can test drive one first as it is a big purchase....if the dealer knows you are a serious buyer, he will find one for you to test drive.

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.....if you like the Commander XT, you will love the Maverick X-RS. It will not handle as well as the MAX due to the shorter wheelbase but it is still light years ahead of the Commander in power and overall performance. Most folks that get the XXC do it out of necessity due to where they ride. If you don't have restrictions on the width, then don't bother looking at the XXC as you will end up wanting the extra ground clearance and width for added stability.

Find a dealer where you can test drive one first as it is a big purchase....if the dealer knows you are a serious buyer, he will find one for you to test drive.

Thanks for the input. As far as handling goes I understand the rear would be more free, but would the ride be just as smooth?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
the ride is smooth but under certain conditions such as whoops and such, the shorter wheelbase will tend to buck more than the 4 seaters. There is ways to minimize this or eliminate it all together but it is an inherent trait of the shorter wheelbase. Other than that....I think the suspension is amazing for a stock machine.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
awesome...good luck!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp. I went with a 2014 XRS DPS in Can Am Red. mods include, winch, can am doors, complete underbody protection kit, rock sliders, Rack extension, and an Audioformz Roof with lightbar! should have her next week

·
Registered
998 Posts
Psycho, I'm from Martin county ky, what part of se ky do you live in?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Live in Leslie County, work in Harlan County.
Congrats on the new buy!!! Harlan KY, Dam there is some good ridding down there!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welp due to some blunders the dealership ordered the wrong roof. they got the 13 model roof, and due to something in shipping bending my rack extension rails my maverick will not arrive all together. They are going to ship me those parts and give me a credit for the labor they didnt do. should have my maverick friday!

All that being said, how simple is the audioformz roof to install? i have a light bar model roof so im just curious because im not very good with wiring. does it just hook straight to the battery terminals?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very nice!

Reactions: Psycho61
1 - 16 of 16 Posts