Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2014 Mav xxc last night. I'm new to the sxs world. I upgraded from an outlander 1000xt. After a couple rides at windrock ohv park with some rzr's I made the switch. What mods or add-on are u guys doing first? I read guys talking about gussets for the front and rear are they a must? It get really hot down here in the summer has anyone installed the utvinc. Fan override mod if so do u like it. Thanks guys I'm looking forward to learn what this machine can do!!

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Awesome ride, welcome to the forum!! where In Mississippi are you? im in Greenville ms

·
Registered
415 Posts
definetly hope to run into you on some rides!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice ride, welcome

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Welcome, I think if I could do my mods over I would start by protecting my investment gussets,skids,a arm guards,then go after safety,harnesses then comfort doors,roof,windshield. Good luck and let the spending begin!!,

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Greetings, and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome! We are in Raymond, MS. Mods: Harness bar and 4 or 5 point harness, A arm protection for front and back, Roof and stereo come next, front bumper with winch and rear bumpers. That is what I have done so far.

We are headed up to Brimestone, Windrock and Royal Blue the week before Memorial day.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Tie rods are number one thing front and rear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for your in-put. I'm thinking I will go with protection as well. I already have a speaker box that I make custom for my outlander front rack. I guess that one good thing about have a rack and not having a small bed.So which kind is better UHMW SKID PLATE vs Aluminum skid plate , I will ride lake bottom and I do a little rock crawling

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Aluminum is old school the new UHMW is the way to go,cheaper and better. Tie rods are a good start too if you break one it can tear up other stuff.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yeah, don't go Aluminum. If you're serious about riding, go UHMW. There are multiple vendors on here that sell them. As far as tie rods go, give Alex a call (AReed). You can get the race versions or the standard ones.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new toy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts