Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my surprise the rears came in a dual rate spring. The tech at Elka said these should be ready to go without much adjustment. From the weight alone you can tell these are quality shocks.
Suspension part Shock absorber Coil spring Auto part Suspension
Suspension part Shock absorber Coil spring Auto part Suspension

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Purdy.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Are they 2.5 like the foxs?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
What did these bad boys set you back?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There the stage 4 series's that Elka sells. I'm an Elka dealer and have a great relationship with them so they weren't too bad at all. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm jealous. But I don't understand why the stock shocks are not good enough?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm jealous. But I don't understand why the stock shocks are not good enough?
The stock shocks are fine, you can get them revalved and they will do even better. I don't know how much better these Elka's are because I havent had a chance to run them but I will let you know. If its anything like my Commander was I am excited to see what these can do.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The stock shocks are fine, you can get them revalved and they will do even better. I don't know how much better these Elka's are because I havent had a chance to run them but I will let you know. If its anything like my Commander was I am excited to see what these can do.
Keep me posted

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can we get a ride report. I'm thinking about the stage 5s when they come out.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I will write one up later but I will tell you the initial test was amazing. I only had about an hour to mess around with them and dial them in but they took everything I threw at them. Huge improvement over the Fox 2.5's.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I will write one up later but I will tell you the initial test was amazing. I only had about an hour to mess around with them and dial them in but they took everything I threw at them. Huge improvement over the Fox 2.5's.
Any update?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts