Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Mine should be here tuesday, i would like the bags, it looks like one could just remove the pad part and all is well???
Anyone done it yet?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I got the bags today. Yes definitely won't work. I'm thinking of cutting also.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
The knee pads are great but in the x3 I don't find my knee hitting there. PRP should offer a padless variety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,859 Posts
Super easy install, but the rod and clip pushed on the spring and is always under a little pressure. The arm to the latch cannot fully retract. Hopefully bouncing around on the trails will not rattle the door open. I will try it out this weekend.

IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_7076.JPG

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Also a little heads up for everyone. Always slam doors good and solid and make sure passenger is told to slam it. We have had a few pop open if not slammed shut good.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Motoman314

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Installed drivers side handle tonight and noticed the same thing as Mega. The rod rubs up against the spring on the door latch. Wondering if the bottom hole where you drill out the rivot wouldn't work better. Going to try the lower hole on passenger side.

Even with that minor issue still 10x better than those straps

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey guys I just saw this so decided to go take a peek to see if we could come up with a solution. If you flip the spring so that the longer straight goes to the latch, the rod wont touch and lever action is way smoother. Let me know what you think. dh1.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Did the change on one side. It does make it smoother. Other side was already very smooth, so no need to do anything.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I had to put a small washer between the oem latch cover to space it out so the rod wouldn't rub, the handle had no return unless I did that.
nice product for sure, very simple
I also felt it necessary to use longer bolts where the latch cover attached, it seemed they only grabbed one or 2 threads

·
Premium Member
7,859 Posts
I had to put a small washer between the oem latch cover to space it out so the rod wouldn't rub, the handle had no return unless I did that.
nice product for sure, very simple
I also felt it necessary to use longer bolts where the latch cover attached, it seemed they only grabbed one or 2 threads
I agree it needs a nylon washer or the brass bushing to be longer than the aluminum handle to let it move smoother.

·
Registered
895 Posts
it was 12 degrees out in my workshop last night...I was just excited to get em mounted up ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just ordered my handles yesterday but I didn't see anywhere to put the forum discount in before placing order.. not a big deal just wasn't sure where I missed it for next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 66 Posts