Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just installed mine with Simpson sears and my head is hitting the roof cross bars . I ended up taking the 2 Roos bars that go diagonal and put welding one down the center. That’s how most cages are anyways...

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Just installed mine with Simpson sears and my head is hitting the roof cross bars . I ended up taking the 2 Roos bars that go diagonal and put welding one down the center. That’s how most cages are anyways...
I have enough room and barely enough with the air for my helmet being on the top. I may shave down the spacers for the rear seat mount to get it a little lower. With stock seats it would be no issue. Wish the aftermarket seats someone could figure out a way to maintain the stock seat heights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I have enough room and barely enough with the air for my helmet being on the top. I may shave down the spacers for the rear seat mount to get it a little lower. With stock seats it would be no issue. Wish the aftermarket seats someone could figure out a way to maintain the stock seat heights.

I could not drive my car when I first installed my new simpson seats. My legs were shoved against the dash. I had to reinstall the stock ones until I figured out a fix. I ended up removing the seat adjusters, and drilling mounting holes in the round tubes. I dislike losing the adjustment, but it let me enjoy the new simpsons.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I could not drive my car when I first installed my new simpson seats. My legs were shoved against the dash. I had to reinstall the stock ones until I figured out a fix. I ended up removing the seat adjusters, and drilling mounting holes in the round tubes. I dislike losing the adjustment, but it let me enjoy the new simpsons.
I just moved my front to the lowest position and left the rear on the spacers. I need the sliders.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Bad news for me...I have a custom set on the way. This is something they should be upfront about

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
HSP seats sit at stock height. Lowest aftermarket seats you can get. takes a little trimming to the studs and tabs up front if your running in the lower positions but super nice high quality seats.
Now you tell me! LOL! Do you have a picture of their seat mounts?

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
HSP seats sit at stock height. Lowest aftermarket seats you can get. takes a little trimming to the studs and tabs up front if your running in the lower positions but super nice high quality seats.
Now you tell me! LOL! Do you have a picture of their seat mounts?

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
The seat frames mount directly to the sliders. Frames have big tabs welded to them that use the factory slider bolt hole config.
Thanks for the clarification. You would think the other manufactures would do the same.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts