Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Nice job. Like the sun visor idea ? Home grown or where did you find those ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I got the sun visors from Kartek. They lock in to position and easily adjustable.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Gettin closer , looking really good love the lid,

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Gettin closer , looking really good love the lid,
Thanks. Debating on whether to leave the roof raw or powder coat it platinum to match the plastics. Should have it wrapped up this weekend.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Finished up the cage and got side tracked yesterday with installing a Switch Pro. Cleaned up all my wiring with this set up.

Switch Pro is pretty cool.

This was all the wires after pulling them for the install

After the install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Finished up the cage and got side tracked yesterday with installing a Switch Pro. Cleaned up all my wiring with this set up.

Switch Pro is pretty cool.

This was all the wires after pulling them for the install

After the install

Getting it ready for Camp RZR?

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Getting it ready for Camp RZR?
I am hitting the desert next weekend. Weather is cooling to the low 70s.

I am planning on going to Glamis for Camp RZR. You going?

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
I am hitting the desert next weekend. Weather is cooling to the low 70s.

I am planning on going to Glamis for Camp RZR. You going?

Yes sir! I have a Friday 8:00 appointment with the best clutch tuner out there, KWI! Then say hi to the Rugged guys, my boy Just has something for me, then staying away from that area.

While we are waiting for the car to be done, probably stop by Shock Therapy just to check out the new set up. I remember last year, you could barely drive down the lanes, they were so packed. I don't want any of that! Hopefully it will not be killer hot either!

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Very cool. Once I do the cage I'll be customizing my dash, SwitchPro's seems to be the best option.
I've never been into schematics or wiring, but the before / after pictures proves it's all worth it.
Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yes sir! I have a Friday 8:00 appointment with the best clutch tuner out there, KWI! Then say hi to the Rugged guys, my boy Just has something for me, then staying away from that area.

While we are waiting for the car to be done, probably stop by Shock Therapy just to check out the new set up. I remember last year, you could barely drive down the lanes, they were so packed. I don't want any of that! Hopefully it will not be killer hot either!
Yeah I am hoping it is not stupid hot like last year. Going to be a zoo with Nitro Circus being there.

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Yeah I am hoping it is not stupid hot like last year. Going to be a zoo with Nitro Circus being there.

I didn't know they were going to be there? "ZOO" ain't the word!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I didn't know they were going to be there? "ZOO" ain't the word!
I prefer to use the "shit show". As long as you stay away from Olds the dunes will be pretty empty.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
First ride with the new cage yesterday. We did about 165 miles starting in Jawbone and going to the Trona Pinnacles to Cal City and back to Jawbone.

The sun visors came in handy.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Looks great. Also sounds like you had a nice ride , One of these days I need to hook up with your group, the people I go to jawbone with are more interested in drinking and less riding a long ride is 40 mile loop to the store for more beer , I go a little crazy

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Looks great. Also sounds like you had a nice ride , One of these days I need to hook up with your group, the people I go to jawbone with are more interested in drinking and less riding a long ride is 40 mile loop to the store for more beer , I go a little crazy
Thanks.

We do several days trips out there in the 100+ mile range. When we have a big group the rides vary but we are usually gone most of the day.

You are more than welcome to join. I will let you know when we plan on our next outing out there.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Last time out there when we finally went to randsberg they opted for the 99 to shave miles and time off the trip ( gotta get to the bar) I think round trip that day was under 60 miles ,most of the guys have quads and cant handle it , even the sxs guys get tired , I’m like they'd never make it in baja 150 mile day is a short day , plenty of time to drink in camp

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Last time out there when we finally went to randsberg they opted for the 99 to shave miles and time off the trip ( gotta get to the bar) I think round trip that day was under 60 miles ,most of the guys have quads and cant handle it , even the sxs guys get tired , I’m like they'd never make it in baja 150 mile day is a short day , plenty of time to drink in camp
LOL! Nobody rides quads in the desert in our group. Everyone has a SXS. 60 miles out the desert is nothing now. These new SXSs cover a lot of ground and pretty quickly. On the way back from Trona I was cooking down the road and having so much fun I missed the trail we were suppose to turn on to get back toward Randsburg. We just found a different trail and figured it out exploring new trails. Much easier to do stuff like that when there are 3-5 SXSs.

We had no particular agenda yesterday and figured we get back to camp eventually. Still managed to get back before it got dark.

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
First ride with the new cage yesterday. We did about 165 miles starting in Jawbone and going to the Trona Pinnacles to Cal City and back to Jawbone.

The sun visors came in handy.

Great pics! No kid this time?

61 - 80 of 91 Posts