Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts
339 Posts
Going to use Steel-It in black. I won’t powder coat it until I am don’t tinkering and getting it set up completely to my liking. I have a roof rack and spare tire carrier to fit on the cage still for my long desert rides. I want them off when I go to the dunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, Steel-It seems to be good stuff and easy to touch up if needed.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I love Steel-It. Have to make a quick repair, weld on a tab, or clean up the cage after something was mounted with a hose clamp, etc? Just hit it with a little scotchbrite or steel wool and re-spray it.....you'll never see the repair because it blends in beautifully.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I love Steel-It. Have to make a quick repair, weld on a tab, or clean up the cage after something was mounted with a hose clamp, etc? Just hit it with a little scotchbrite or steel wool and re-spray it.....you'll never see the repair because it blends in beautifully.
That is reason I decided to use it

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Made some more progress tonight. All the main welding is done. Test fitted the cage. The cage really changes the look.

Just have some tabs to weld on for the whips and lights. We figured out how to make the Can Am linq rack work with the new cage. Just have to weld some tabs and the linq rack will work.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Looking good

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
The nice thing is it'll be easy to make a roof rack with the flatter roof if you ever want 1

·
Premium Member
9,351 Posts
Made some more progress tonight. All the main welding is done. Test fitted the cage. The cage really changes the look.

Just have some tabs to weld on for the whips and lights. We figured out how to make the Can Am linq rack work with the new cage. Just have to weld some tabs and the linq rack will work.

Looks really good!

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Nice cage for the price now they need to make one for the buses
TMW and Brick City Fabrication are near you.

I don’t think anyone makes a weld it yourself cage for the bus.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Finished up all the welding and put the first coat of Steel-it today. Liking how the Steel-it looks.

Should have it bolted on the car this week.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Looking good , thanks again for meeting up for the rack, just what I need for the trip

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Looking good , thanks again for meeting up for the rack, just what I need for the trip
Thanks. I am glad someone will get good use out of the rack

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Cage is bolted on and the roof is on. Just need to put all the body pieces back on. Liking my sun visors.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts