Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how these does as well either between these or mega mayhem tires

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
These Blackwaters will probably be my next tire
Hey Alex, the way my lucks been going for me you'll probably have a chance to try em out before I will :)
I love the looks of them I just wish I could get time off to try them.

Nathan

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Hey Alex, the way my lucks been going for me you'll probably have a chance to try em out before I will :)
I love the looks of them I just wish I could get time off to try them.

Nathan
Unlikely, mine has been sitting with a broke clutch since the last half of November. I barely have time to have fun with my own stuff

·
Registered
725 Posts
Nate we got beer to drink when it gets warmer out, Ima try and have a set of these when I get back on dry land the STI black diamond xtr looks like a sick tire too, to bad they don't make a bigger size though

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Nate we got beer to drink when it gets warmer out, Ima try and have a set of these when I get back on dry land the STI black diamond xtr looks like a sick tire too, to bad they don't make a bigger size though

I'm ready man, let me know when you get back and we'll get something planned out.

·
Registered
557 Posts
So can you just buy a set of these mount them up and go for a ride? I guess my question Is will the clutch work? I know they say you have to do clutch work but can you get away with running them for awhile till you pony up the 3g's for a clutch?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ya stock clutch will work, depends on the size your running if you go 30s it will be taxed for sure. Just got to learn how to drive until you can take the plunge..900 dollars for a qsc will get you going real good. or the stm combo

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So can you just buy a set of these mount them up and go for a ride? I guess my question Is will the clutch work? I know they say you have to do clutch work but can you get away with running them for awhile till you pony up the 3g's for a clutch?

Don't know about 3'gs I only got $1450 in my STM setup. It is expensive but a lot less than 3 grand. In my opinion it's well worth it. I'd say if you went with 30's you'd at least need to get a adjustable clutch kit cuz it'll need re clutching. Mine were exactly 10lbs a piece heavier than stock.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Haven't got to ride it at all since I had them put on except around house. To be honest I may have to sell the dang thing. Lost my job last week and really don't know what's going to happen. Luckily I guess they've worked me a lot the last 3 months so I've been able to put back some money but it won't last forever.

Nathan

·
Registered
725 Posts
Damn dude that sucks..wish you the best hopefully things will work out! Maybe get to meet up in turkey this next month if u can swing it

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Damn dude that sucks..wish you the best hopefully things will work out! Maybe get to meet up in turkey this next month if u can swing it
Yeah hopefully it doesn't come to the point where I have to sell. Just now getting it to where I want it, if I don't find something or luck up and get my job back in the next month or so I'll probably have to try and get rid of it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah hopefully it doesn't come to the point where I have to sell. Just now getting it to where I want it, if I don't find something or luck up and get my job back in the next month or so I'll probably have to try and get rid of it.
Can you give the finance company a call and see if they will work with you on delay of payments?

Del Amo Motorsports WORCS #661

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Can you give the finance company a call and see if they will work with you on delay of payments?

Del Amo Motorsports WORCS #661

That's kinda my reason for maybe selling it, it's paid for and would be my reason for getting rid of it if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't but the house isn't so toys will be first to go if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't, I've barely got over 100 miles on the thing.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Haven't got to ride it at all since I had them put on except around house. To be honest I may have to sell the dang thing. Lost my job last week and really don't know what's going to happen. Luckily I guess they've worked me a lot the last 3 months so I've been able to put back some money but it won't last forever.

Nathan
Nathan,

Sorry to hear that.....I hope you are able to find work quickly...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have my choice of tires narrowed down between these and the 27" efx motoclaws. I really want 28" tires though. I do a little road ridding and just wondering how they do on pavement?
Anyone running these, care to comment?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have to do some road riding between trails and there pretty smooth I did put balance beads in them .my first ride was a little ruff but they broke in well I like them.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.