Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah dude you'll love them I run them at 16 psi for racing out here in the desert and 13 psi for the more muddy stuff. They are a very predictable tire which is why I run them. I have them in all the sizes; my set of 26's just got here. It's nice comin home from a crappy day at work to a set of ITPs on the porch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
Im thinking of going with some 28s just to keep it a lil more agile, but the 30s are tempting... But either way this will be the tire im buying

·
Registered
229 Posts
River,
You'll love em in any size you pick. My other favorite tire is the ITP Ultracross in 30s. I have over 1000 miles on my set and they still have tons of meat

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah dude you'll love them I run them at 16 psi for racing out here in the desert and 13 psi for the more muddy stuff. They are a very predictable tire which is why I run them. I have them in all the sizes; my set of 26's just got here. It's nice comin home from a crappy day at work to a set of ITPs on the porch lol

I know man nothing like coming home and seeing a new goodie waiting to be installed :)

Im thinking of going with some 28s just to keep it a lil more agile, but the 30s are tempting... But either way this will be the tire im buying
Hey Shane I don't know about the 28's but the 30's run a little small mounted under the weight of the machine mine are at 29" or a hair under. That's why I went with them because I was afraid of getting the 28's and then they only be 27. Plus I was wanting as much sidewall as possible to hopefully help the ride of the 8 plys. Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride with you and few others here before long man, I'm starting to get a little twitch DT's are setting in :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Dont do it.
Consensus is they ride like crap. Dont shed mud. One guy said his sons 170 climbed a hill with itp holeshots that he had to climb in 4wd.
I'll second that I've owned two diff sets and they didn't climb worth a darn and were hard as bricks.

Nathan

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
725 Posts
The whole 28 measuring short has thrown a monkey wrench in my planning lol oh well. Nate u said the 30s where barely 29s correct?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The whole 28 measuring short has thrown a monkey wrench in my planning lol oh well. Nate u said the 30s where barely 29s correct?
Yes, but I've only got 8lbs in them. I've been told that's a little to low on pressure, think I may run 10-12 that should bring em up a little more.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I haven't heard many reviews on these. They look like a good trail tire and the 8 ply is nice for durability. I'm especially interested in how these handle in the mud. Hopefully they shed mud well. The bighorns do okay with the mud, bud the lugs gets filled up pretty easily. I'll probably getting these in the 28" version. I'm going to keep the factory wheels and the 30's would be too much sidewall. Let me know how they do for sure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I haven't heard many reviews on these. They look like a good trail tire and the 8 ply is nice for durability. I'm especially interested in how these handle in the mud. Hopefully they shed mud well. The bighorns do okay with the mud, bud the lugs gets filled up pretty easily. I'll probably getting these in the 28" version. I'm going to keep the factory wheels and the 30's would be too much sidewall. Let me know how they do for sure.

Will do man, hopefully they'll open my local riding spot by next weekend and I'll try to get them out there and put em through the gauntlet :)

Nathan

21 - 40 of 67 Posts