Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big brown truck showed up today:) had my new 30x10x14 itp blackwater evo's and black sti beadloks. Got clutch dialed in as well, big thanks to Kris for his advice on what weight to take out on my clutch he hit it right on the money.

Here's a few pics

Reactions: Suicidejockey

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do, rode it up and down the road and out in the field next to my house this evening. Couldn't tell much but they seemed to ride good on the road and didn't have near the drivetrain popping/binding like it did with the bighorns on asphalt. They were 10 lbs heavier than the factory ones on the back, That was another big factor for me when I chose them. It'll be another couple weeks before I get to take them on a good ride.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nate let's go test them this Saturday , I'm looking at getting a set also
Dude I'd love too, but my work is really feeling the Christmas spirit. Forced me in tomorrow and Sunday also said they were forcing us two hours over on Monday and Tuesday. Gotta love it, place I work for recently got bought by Saputo dairy foods and they just went on and on about how important family was to them. They just failed to mention it was their family not mine they were referring to.

If it's not closed the weekend after New Years I'm definitely going, if you and some of your buddies can come to turkey bay that'd be awesome.

Nathan

Reactions: Snapper692

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will for sure get in touch, I was just on LBL's website and they closed turkey today. We've got about 3-5" of rain coming this weekend. Ever since forestry dep bought LBL they've been shutting it down when it gets above a certain moisture content in the soil. It really sucks to have an orv park 25 miles from my house and they close it when it gets to muddy. It doesn't happen all that much but none the less it's still pretty irritating.

Nathan

Reactions: RiverRat77

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Up front 29 1/4 and 28 7/8 on back with 8 lbs in them. Still haven't got around to taking a good ride on them yet. My local riding spot is still closed. Hopefully they'll open up by New Year's Day.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wanting a review on these tires, have you had them out yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry man works been crazy and my local riding spot is run by forestry dep and they've had it closed for 3 weeks now "due to excessive moisture" which I feel is BS it's a orv park but you can't ride if it's to muddy. I promise as soon as they open it I'll call of work if I have to just to try these things out.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You need to put more air in them if you're running 8psi. I wouldn't run anything less than 13 psi myself but that's just a suggestion. You get a lot of tire roll with 30s if you're driving aggressively
I mostly ride slow and climb hills but I was thinking they probably needed a little more air. Hey Alex here in a month or two I'm gonna send some money your way, I'm wanting a set of arched lowers front and rear.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shoot no man, I've been drooling over Alex's arched lowers since I first read about them on here. That's the one good thing about my job there is always plenty of OT to be had. Only bad thing is 1/2 the time you get it when you don't necessarily won't it. I'm sure if I'd start trying to put some of it back I wouldn't mind calling off on the forced OT.....but where's the fun in saving money :)

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I run those tires out here on the west coast in the WORCS series and they are phenomenal!
Good to hear man, what psi do you usually run in yours. I'm not gonna be racing so I guess you probably run a little more pressure than I'd need to just trying to get an idea. If they work good for what you probably put them thru then I should be pleased with them.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah dude you'll love them I run them at 16 psi for racing out here in the desert and 13 psi for the more muddy stuff. They are a very predictable tire which is why I run them. I have them in all the sizes; my set of 26's just got here. It's nice comin home from a crappy day at work to a set of ITPs on the porch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know man nothing like coming home and seeing a new goodie waiting to be installed :)

Im thinking of going with some 28s just to keep it a lil more agile, but the 30s are tempting... But either way this will be the tire im buying
Hey Shane I don't know about the 28's but the 30's run a little small mounted under the weight of the machine mine are at 29" or a hair under. That's why I went with them because I was afraid of getting the 28's and then they only be 27. Plus I was wanting as much sidewall as possible to hopefully help the ride of the 8 plys. Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride with you and few others here before long man, I'm starting to get a little twitch DT's are setting in :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Dont do it.
Consensus is they ride like crap. Dont shed mud. One guy said his sons 170 climbed a hill with itp holeshots that he had to climb in 4wd.
I'll second that I've owned two diff sets and they didn't climb worth a darn and were hard as bricks.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The whole 28 measuring short has thrown a monkey wrench in my planning lol oh well. Nate u said the 30s where barely 29s correct?
Yes, but I've only got 8lbs in them. I've been told that's a little to low on pressure, think I may run 10-12 that should bring em up a little more.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I haven't heard many reviews on these. They look like a good trail tire and the 8 ply is nice for durability. I'm especially interested in how these handle in the mud. Hopefully they shed mud well. The bighorns do okay with the mud, bud the lugs gets filled up pretty easily. I'll probably getting these in the 28" version. I'm going to keep the factory wheels and the 30's would be too much sidewall. Let me know how they do for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will do man, hopefully they'll open my local riding spot by next weekend and I'll try to get them out there and put em through the gauntlet :)

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
These Blackwaters will probably be my next tire
Hey Alex, the way my lucks been going for me you'll probably have a chance to try em out before I will :)
I love the looks of them I just wish I could get time off to try them.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Nate we got beer to drink when it gets warmer out, Ima try and have a set of these when I get back on dry land the STI black diamond xtr looks like a sick tire too, to bad they don't make a bigger size though

I'm ready man, let me know when you get back and we'll get something planned out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So can you just buy a set of these mount them up and go for a ride? I guess my question Is will the clutch work? I know they say you have to do clutch work but can you get away with running them for awhile till you pony up the 3g's for a clutch?

Don't know about 3'gs I only got $1450 in my STM setup. It is expensive but a lot less than 3 grand. In my opinion it's well worth it. I'd say if you went with 30's you'd at least need to get a adjustable clutch kit cuz it'll need re clutching. Mine were exactly 10lbs a piece heavier than stock.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Haven't got to ride it at all since I had them put on except around house. To be honest I may have to sell the dang thing. Lost my job last week and really don't know what's going to happen. Luckily I guess they've worked me a lot the last 3 months so I've been able to put back some money but it won't last forever.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Damn dude that sucks..wish you the best hopefully things will work out! Maybe get to meet up in turkey this next month if u can swing it
Yeah hopefully it doesn't come to the point where I have to sell. Just now getting it to where I want it, if I don't find something or luck up and get my job back in the next month or so I'll probably have to try and get rid of it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Can you give the finance company a call and see if they will work with you on delay of payments?

Del Amo Motorsports WORCS #661

That's kinda my reason for maybe selling it, it's paid for and would be my reason for getting rid of it if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't but the house isn't so toys will be first to go if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't, I've barely got over 100 miles on the thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts