Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big brown truck showed up today:) had my new 30x10x14 itp blackwater evo's and black sti beadloks. Got clutch dialed in as well, big thanks to Kris for his advice on what weight to take out on my clutch he hit it right on the money.

Here's a few pics

Reactions: Suicidejockey

·
Registered
127 Posts
PLEASE give us your feedback on those tires and going that size. I am ready to pull the trigger on that same combo after the new year.

Congrats!
Brandon

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, rode it up and down the road and out in the field next to my house this evening. Couldn't tell much but they seemed to ride good on the road and didn't have near the drivetrain popping/binding like it did with the bighorns on asphalt. They were 10 lbs heavier than the factory ones on the back, That was another big factor for me when I chose them. It'll be another couple weeks before I get to take them on a good ride.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nate let's go test them this Saturday , I'm looking at getting a set also
Dude I'd love too, but my work is really feeling the Christmas spirit. Forced me in tomorrow and Sunday also said they were forcing us two hours over on Monday and Tuesday. Gotta love it, place I work for recently got bought by Saputo dairy foods and they just went on and on about how important family was to them. They just failed to mention it was their family not mine they were referring to.

If it's not closed the weekend after New Years I'm definitely going, if you and some of your buddies can come to turkey bay that'd be awesome.

Nathan

Reactions: Snapper692

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think I'm gonna head down there sat, not sure yet and that blows about work! If not get in touch with me a few days before u head over there and I will come down

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will for sure get in touch, I was just on LBL's website and they closed turkey today. We've got about 3-5" of rain coming this weekend. Ever since forestry dep bought LBL they've been shutting it down when it gets above a certain moisture content in the soil. It really sucks to have an orv park 25 miles from my house and they close it when it gets to muddy. It doesn't happen all that much but none the less it's still pretty irritating.

Nathan

Reactions: RiverRat77

·
Registered
668 Posts
Man those look killer I wanna know how they pull in the mud. Let me know if they clean out well and how good they climb .

·
Registered
206 Posts
Can u give a us a true measurement?? Also what psi

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Up front 29 1/4 and 28 7/8 on back with 8 lbs in them. Still haven't got around to taking a good ride on them yet. My local riding spot is still closed. Hopefully they'll open up by New Year's Day.

Nathan

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
You need to put more air in them if you're running 8psi. I wouldn't run anything less than 13 psi myself but that's just a suggestion. You get a lot of tire roll with 30s if you're driving aggressively

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wanting a review on these tires, have you had them out yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry man works been crazy and my local riding spot is run by forestry dep and they've had it closed for 3 weeks now "due to excessive moisture" which I feel is BS it's a orv park but you can't ride if it's to muddy. I promise as soon as they open it I'll call of work if I have to just to try these things out.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You need to put more air in them if you're running 8psi. I wouldn't run anything less than 13 psi myself but that's just a suggestion. You get a lot of tire roll with 30s if you're driving aggressively
I mostly ride slow and climb hills but I was thinking they probably needed a little more air. Hey Alex here in a month or two I'm gonna send some money your way, I'm wanting a set of arched lowers front and rear.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shoot no man, I've been drooling over Alex's arched lowers since I first read about them on here. That's the one good thing about my job there is always plenty of OT to be had. Only bad thing is 1/2 the time you get it when you don't necessarily won't it. I'm sure if I'd start trying to put some of it back I wouldn't mind calling off on the forced OT.....but where's the fun in saving money :)

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I run those tires out here on the west coast in the WORCS series and they are phenomenal!
Good to hear man, what psi do you usually run in yours. I'm not gonna be racing so I guess you probably run a little more pressure than I'd need to just trying to get an idea. If they work good for what you probably put them thru then I should be pleased with them.

Nathan

1 - 20 of 67 Posts