Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the manual says I shouldn't go WOT for the first 50 miles or something for the belt. But I couldn't help myself. But i noticed it cuts power if i wot for more than a second.

Is this normal?

On my Ski Doo, when it was in breakin period it would flash Break In ___% on the dash. and used more oil and had some other stuff it did to save itself.

Is this happening on this? I didn't see anything in the manual about it.

Other than that, I did its first drive today on trails. 40 miles. Mostly tight stuff so I couldn't get going too fast so was probably a perfect break in ride hah. lots of varied throttle.

Its pretty fun!, my first Side by side.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
probably hit the speed limiter ...
most models is 85mph on other models its much lower

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the club,, you have an awesome machine.. My 2020 rr limits at 90mph. Were you on the limiter as stated above?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you tried the other key? You should see a notification on the display when you switch keys.... performance or normal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No just been using the white performance key.. and in sport mode.

I'll get it out again this week and see if its still happening.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The key color doesn't mean anything, my performance key is green. Try both keys and see what the display says when you fire it up. Good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checked, yea my white key that i have been using is performance. its not throttle limited i went 60 something as long as i didn't floor it. It was just cutting power under acceleration if i floored it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Does it return to normal once you let off the gas? No check engine messages? You could repeat the test in a flat field, see if it cuts after a second, or it's something else.
Also go thru the machine and check all electrical connections you can reach, battery and frame grounds etc...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea returns to normal no check engine., i first noticed it in the parking lot yesterday.

Thanks for the tips, i'll try to test it out again in a few days.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
315 Posts
Mine did this my first time out. Never found the source of the problem. It always happened when I was already going like 40-60mph then I would go wot and after a second it would go into limp mode. I would shut it off and turn it back on and it would go back to normal. Hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was messing around today in more wide open desert, and it didn't do it at all. No idea what was going on the other day. Seems fine now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts