Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 2020 rc rr end of May, brought it out to the tail and the engine light kept coming on and off and went into limp mode with only 3km’s on the unit. Took it back to the dealer. They’ve have it for 2 months and put a whole new long block in.

picked it up yesterday drove 10km’s and same issue came back. Limp mode and ran really rough, felt worse than the previous engine.

just dropped it back off at the dealer... I have no clue what I should do. And I lost all confidence in the service department knowing they had my unit for 2 months and installed a whole new long block because they said cylinder #3 had low compression and that was the issue.
I personally thing nothing was wrong with the first engine to begin with.

any advice?

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Bad gas?
How did the spark plugs look?
what was the compression?
what were the engine codes the forst time and now?

DEALERS DONT KNOW SHIT!!!!!! It’s up to you to diagnose and tell them what do do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Received it back from the dealership and they said it was bad gas. Put 50km’s on it last evening and it’s been running great.

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
why did it get a long block? that makes no sense from the info you provided

Reactions: BLR

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
I dont think it had anything wrong but bad fuel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The engine was going into limp mode right off the lot. Off and on With only 3kms on it. They said cylinder 3 had low compression. That’s when they ordered a new long block. 2 months later they “fixed” it. Took it out and after 13km’s went to limp mode again. That’s when they said it was bad gas.
But 100km’s on it yesterday and have zero issues now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also believe it was a gas issue right from the start and they didn’t do a proper compression test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts