1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Fugly

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I like the full doors and the Elka stage 5's and a much better tire and wheel setup. I still think the roll cage needs more work. It just looks weak and doesn't provide enough protection.

·
Registered
711 Posts
when you ride in a wildcat, or at least when i ride in a wildcat, i feel terribly un-protected as the cage does not really surround you. its like driving a camaro or firebird with the T-tops out and the windows down and riding 150mph on a back road. it looks terribly un-protecting, BUT it is by far the strongest cage on the market. there have been NUMEROUS rolls documented and shown for all to see on the wildcat forum and i dont think i have seen but 2 cages tweak. i have personally witnessed 3 mavericks tip over on their side doing power slides or do-nuts and it cash the cage out. a wildcat cage is by far the strongest on the market. even though it does not look all that protecting, from what i conjure from the interwebs, its extremely hard to hurt one. if i am not mistaken, TXchristopher has rolled his twice on huge rocky mountain sides with -0- problems. i have read of at least a dozen roll overs with not a single issue, not a single tube bent, ect.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Adam - I hear ya.......I was meaning it doesn't look like it would protect the occupants because of the lack of coverage in the head and shoulder area like you mentioned....didn't necessarily mean it was weak.

·
Registered
711 Posts
when i sit in one, i look around and wonder bout it. it does bother me the lack of a side bar. i have wondered if they did not include that because of roll-overs that occur without the occupants wearing seat belts. they possibly left the upper side bars out completely because of the likelihood of occupants getting ejected, and getting their neck broken from getting between the outer cage bar and the ground. so they left that bar out. it does feel extremely unsafe when you sit in it. i absolutely love the sspension of the wildcats, you can push that machine harder than any of the others on the market, doesn't means its the fastest in a straight line, but you can surely push it wicked hard its got the suspension to hold onto it. but when really really strolling on my test track, i feel so terribly insecure because of the lack of overhead protection. i know your feeling.

·
Banned
546 Posts
I love the way they look.. If it was not so UNDER Powered it would have been what I bought!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wish I could get over my feelings that the quality seems to me like its Chinese built.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We don't see very many Wildcats around here (LA/TX). I think they are hideous. Looks like they stuck a John Deere riding mower hood on the front of a boat.

Never ridden in one but I sat in a few. I love the seats on them but the cabin feels really cheap. Makes Polaris look like a Mercedes. Raced one with my 900 when they first came out (not an X). Both were stock except for snorkels and I beat him so bad it was sad.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
when i sit in one, i look around and wonder bout it. it does bother me the lack of a side bar. i have wondered if they did not include that because of roll-overs that occur without the occupants wearing seat belts. they possibly left the upper side bars out completely because of the likelihood of occupants getting ejected, and getting their neck broken from getting between the outer cage bar and the ground. so they left that bar out. it does feel extremely unsafe when you sit in it. i absolutely love the sspension of the wildcats, you can push that machine harder than any of the others on the market, doesn't means its the fastest in a straight line, but you can surely push it wicked hard its got the suspension to hold onto it. but when really really strolling on my test track, i feel so terribly insecure because of the lack of overhead protection. i know your feeling.
Exactly what I feel as well.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I wish I could get over my feelings that the quality seems to me like its Chinese built.
It would be cool to drop a Rotax motor and some aftermarket clutches in one to see what it could really do!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Seen a guy with one the weekend after labor day in one. He was ridding ballz to the wall and it held up pretty good. Never over heated either like others were that day. Just can't get over roll cage either. Flat and in protected up front in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Z1 motor is a better option. Turbo 150hp
Well yea.....I was thinking how it would perform if it had a competing models powerplant and drive train in it......but yea.....throw a Hyabusa motor and a turbo and call it good!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thats kinda what I was saying about them seeming like they are chinese quality
I agree.....I like the layout but the build quality on the interior is worse than a Polaris. The one I test drove only had around 800 miles on it but it had more rattles and squeaks than I could handle. I was extremely disappointed that a dealer would actually use that POS as a demo vehicle for people to base their opinion on. It totally turned me off of the Wildcat were as the year before I was planning on getting one until the Mav came out. t o be fair I also demoed a Mav with around 600 miles and other than the driver seat wanting to fall out, it only had a few little squeaks and felt good and solid. The XP1K I drove only had a little over 100 miles on it and it was already squeaky and rattly...very disapointed in it......

Reactions: dirtchaser

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have driven a Cat and they are by far the best riding machine of all SXS hands down, I have to say if they would have put a decent motor in it and gave it a little better gauges and fit and finish I would have been sold. They are way more stable then a Mav or XP, now I have raced them with my Mav and all I say to them is bye bye :), also have driven XP900 and there suspension sucks compared to the Mav.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts