Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a amp in my 2013 maverick and wanting to put my amp on a rocker switch so I can power it without the key switch on and the fuel pump running. Is there a power wire near the console that is constant on or will I have to come straight from the battery for a constant on?

Or does the fuel pump shut off after so long if not started? I just don't want to turn key on if its constantly running or hard on it??

Tks in advance on replies

·
Registered
110 Posts
You don't want to run up your hours with key on so wire straight to battery

Sent from RODS IPHONE 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would install a inline fuse between the battery and switch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tks will do

·
Registered
403 Posts
The remote turn-on from a head unit is what will turn the amp on and off. Are you running a head unit, or just an auxiliary in? If so, put 12V constant on 1 side of the switch, and the remote turn-on to the other side. Like the others said, the constant power/ground need to go directly to the battery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wont be using a head unit at this time , i have the ipod port plug i will be running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey how are you do you still have the wrecked maverick ? if so i would like t

The remote turn-on from a head unit is what will turn the amp on and off. Are you running a head unit, or just an auxiliary in? If so, put 12V constant on 1 side of the switch, and the remote turn-on to the other side. Like the others said, the constant power/ground need to go directly to the battery.
could you get ahold of me asap if you still have the wrecked maverick for sale i want to buy one asap thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
install the in-line fuse close to the battery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took power and ground from battery to switch then put wire from the power out on switch to the remote and power on the amp. This correct? With turning on switch I have it wired to give power to remote and power wire to amp???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
?? this last post correct???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts