Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have torque specs for the header bolts where the attach to the cylinder?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thats what I used as well…..if you took them off to heat wrap them….I would suggest after you do the burn in, you retighten or at least check to ensure they are still tight.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Wow. I paid $20 for the manual. Didn't think the price would drop so fast since the Maverick has only been out for less than a year or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out, I learned a lesson. I wrapped my exhaust and dynamat'd the interior and had an exhaust leak when I finished. Apparently my A.D.D. kicked in hardcore. I tightened the header to the exhaust first, before tightening it to the head. That cock-eyed the header into the seat and I buggered the seat up trying to torque it down. Had to clean up the seat with a sharpened file and did it the correct way.

Some guy paid $20 for the manual and uploaded it to this site for $4.95. Somebody needs to host the damn thing for free. Unless you're paying Can-Am directly or one of their dealers, all you're doing is paying some schmo for nothing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts