Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched and do not find the answer to removing the factory safety nets. the passenger front strap seems to be permanently attached, do i just cut it or am i not seeing this right?
the back straps attached at the bottom need the plastic removed at the threshold area, cannot get to bolt because there are plastic panels on the bottom that have round tabs with no torx hole to remove. how do you remove these bottom panels/tabs? thanks for any help

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that would be the first answers i got, thought there might be a way to get them out that I am not seeing

·
Registered
725 Posts
the bottom are a pain to get to unless you are dead set re using I wouldn't worry with it..thats just me though

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I didn't cut anything. I unbolted the 3/4" arm tubing things, I think? And then did something else. Been a year. It was pretty simple.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I unbolted the arm tubes already, only need to remove the bottom strap on the back seats and the one bottom strap for the front passenger (which seems to be permanently installed with no bolts)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should be a lower screw or rivet to remove, pull up the plastic and look close
the bottom plastic skid plates on the outside are attached with tabs that do not have an obvious way to be removed. how do you remove these outside plates?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Can you post a pic of the lower mount? Mine had a 6mm bolt on the passenger side and a torx on the drivers side

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i have never had to spend so much time taking off so much shit just to remove four nets, the mav is a MF to work on, not like my rhino for sure. but much more fun

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Like Glamisfan said, it's been a year since I pulled mine off, but I did un bolt them. I don't recall it being that difficult. I know I did have to pull the plastics, but I was installing doors and had the plastics off anyway.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Using a smartphone, first reply, then click on the pic icon, the screen will get light. Find the box in the lower right corner that says use computer or URL click Computer. Then it will say choose file/ upload file, choose pic from existing roll and then upload. Takes a minute to download then you can type words to go with it. Finally hit submit...that's how I do it
I'm no computer guru either and wish I could do more like attach a link in my post, still ain't figured that one

1 - 20 of 25 Posts